Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not Allowed Here

• 17-04-2006 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Is it allowed here to discuss about cardsharing? I have SKY Italia official card.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Card sharing as in Ill swap you Sky Italia for Art?
    Well this falls under the "grey" area of the charter, but ive edited your post as PM me sort of lark is'nt what I like.

On review, I will have to discuss this with the co-mod if this is going to be some sort of "If you have ART, would you like to swap for Sky Italia or Canal etc?"

As long as its not for sale or profit making, but I still have to discuss this over.

You may still reply to this thread, I want to see how our other users feel about this aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

I dont think he means swap cards, I think he means if anyone wants
    they can share his sky card with him. But i could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If he means what is usually meant, no you can't discuss it anywhere on Boards.ie and EU regards it a piracy / theft.

If he means swaping physical cards, well as long as you realise they belong to the issuer, that is a different issue and not problematic if no money is involved and the cards are legitimate and do what they are paid to do.

Aye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

This thread has highlighted a situation previously not catered for in the charter.

The charter has been amended to reflect this.

Thanks to Watty for the technical knowledge and "you know who you are" for the initial warning.

• Advertisement

Yes as now shown in the charter "card sharing" as in Allowing one to view your subscription channels over the internet, is illegal and 100% not allowed here.

Those of you with Dreamboxes, triple dragon sat receivers etc. will know what I mean.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement