Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Next Years Hall Of Fame

• 17-04-2006 11:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

Bruno Sammartino, The Ultimate Warrior and Randy Savage have been listed among other candidates for fans to vote on for next year’s WWE Hall of Fame. However, these are three names that are on very bad terms with WWE. Sammartino and Warrior are really unlikely to do any business with WWE, while Savage probably would but wouldn’t be welcomed by Vince McMahon for undisclosed reasons. McMahon has been very vocal to any and everyone backstage to never ever bring up the name Randy Savage in his presence.

Credit: Rajah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Hmmm, interesting. Wonder what's the beef between Vince andMacho Man....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Maybe they just want to see which guy the fans want the most, and then they can try as hard as they can to get that one guy. Sammartino is probably the most likely. Looks like Owen Hart or Brian Pillman will be inducted next year anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Sammartino should be a definate, and so should Owen Hart. I cant see the Warrior being nominated because there is zero chance he will show up at the ceremony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Never say never, but I don't see Samartino doing it. You think Bret Hat and Vnce don't get along. Seemily things with Bruno and Vince are much much worse.

I imagine Dusty Rhodes is pretty much a certainty. But after that who knows.

With Owen Hart, theres an issue there in that his wife would be against it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

no way in hell the ultimate warrior is gonna be inducted,as great a character as he was,he coudlnt wrestle for **** and most of the roster hated his guts,as does vince

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Whats the beef between Sammartino and WWE?

Interested about Savage. Did he leave the wwe under a cloud, or is this something which has transpired lately?

IMO, the HOF isn't a big thing anyway. If it was maybe 3 inductees a year, maybe, but at the rate its going Steiner should be inducted by 2009!

Heres a bit on Samartino from Wikpedia:
    In recent years Sammartino has publicly criticized the direction professional wrestling has taken, making reference to lurid storylines, over-the-top theatrics, steroid abuse, and the like. After finding out his son, David, allegedly used steroids, Bruno disowned him and has not spoken to him in 17 years. In particular he has been on bad terms with Vince McMahon, saying that McMahon has despoiled the organization that McMahon's father started. As such Sammartino has refused to provide commentary on WWE-produced retrospectives of his career, instead participating in a series of independently-produced documentaries on his career, including Bruno Sammartino's Legends Never Die, La Roccia, The Passing of the Belt, and The Boys are Back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

there is no way in hell that warrior will show up or accept it....sas for bruno and savage i think vince could convince them......
    He did manage to convince bret id say its a possibility however of the 3 names.....savage is probably the only one that is pretty much guaranteed to do it

Pillman will probably be inducted to coincide with his new DVD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i'd reckon Owen stands a good chance, the wife knows that Owen Deserves a place in the hall of Fame, and will probably agree to go along with something like bret did this year, maybe bret will induct owen if mcmahon can work something out in the 300 and odd days til the next HOF, as unlikely as it seems i think bret might just do it for his brother (i couldn't think of any other reason he would though), god knows the king of hearts deserves it.

• Advertisement

i'd reckon Owen stands a good chance, the wife knows that Owen Deserves a place in the hall of Fame, and will probably agree to go along with something like bret did this year, maybe bret will induct owen if mcmahon can work something out in the 300 and odd days til the next HOF, as unlikely as it seems i think bret might just do it for his brother (i couldn't think of any other reason he would though), god knows the king of hearts deserves it.

She was openly against Bret going into the Hall of Fame this year and he commented on it in a number of interviews he did. She filed a multi million law suit against the WWE over the death of her husband. So somehow I can't see her being cool with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Here's who I'd like to see inducted and in brackets is who I'd like to see induct them:

Jim Ross (Jerry 'The King' Lawler)
    British Bulldog (Bret Hart or Harry Smith)
    Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat (Ric Flair)

Has Steamboat not been inducted yet? He really should have been by now. Flair inducting him would be amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I still think Steamboat's got some matches left in him. If done right it would be amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I have to say I agree with Mr. Nice Guy, Jim Ross deserves to get in .

Along with Owen Hart and Brian Pillman deserve to be there.

Fozzy wrote:
    I still think Steamboat's got some matches left in him. If done right it would be amazing

Steamboat did look sluggish to say the least in the few matches he had in 2004 with ROH. Id say he is younger than Flair but not in as good condition as the Nature Boy.
    That being said, I would give my right arm to see them two go again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Goebels

Sammartino basically agrees with Lou Thesz' sentiments "Vince McMahon has raped wrestling". Though I would like to see Sammartino get inducted you gotta respect his integrity. Many have run down Vince and co but then cash in on the money...

AS for this years hall of fame, dusty is a given. jake the snake... I'd like to see Curt hennig and Pillaman too. I dunno if dusty would be big enough to headline the ceremony, but i dont know who else they'd get unless Flair retires by then.. and if Flair does I'd expect Steamboat and Arn to go with him so i think they'll leave that until next year.

On another note, Rajah is the biggest rumor mill in the intraweb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ff101

i dont reckon flair will go into it any time soon, not when he can keep flopping around the ring for the next few years. if he did though they should do a horsemen thing with flair,ole,arn,tully, jjdillion and pillman.

The Million Dollar Man really deserves it 2. so does Rick Rude, after all he made Ultimate warrior look like a superstar at summerslams 89 and 90.

Advertisement