Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crime in Limerick

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

got this of wikipedia great site

Crime
    Limerick city's crime rate has been steadily declining and official figures from 2005 show that Limerick now has one of the lowest serious crime rates in Ireland. These figures also show that Limerick had a lower crime rate in 2005 than the cities of Dublin, Cork, Galway and Waterford, with Waterford ranked top in the list of crime rates per population.

Furthermore, recent years has seen serious crime in Limerick being only linked with family feuds within certain areas of the city, mainly Moyross, Southill and St. Mary's Park. The Irish press may suggest that crime in Limerick is spiraling out of control, which is simply not true as the bulk of crime is primarily contained within these family feuds, and does not take place randomly to anyone in the city.

The Irish press (especially Dublin based press) tend to focus in on and exploit Limerick's bad reputation as a means of diverging attention off Dublin's crime problem which itself is certainly spiraling out of control.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Jumpy wrote:
    I have lived here 6 years. I got out almost every weekend.

I have NEVER seen a Gardai car while out. EVER.

Your real name wouldn't be Stevie Wonder by any chance no?, ause either you're blind, oryou're just lying!
    Ever Saturday night, tere are a minmum of 5 squad cars, and two paddywaggons patrolling Limerick City limits at all times, as well as two Garda bikes, nd an unknown number of special branch cars.
    The foot patrolls, go up and down O'connel Street, and cruises street, as this is where the laarest congregations of people will be after the pubs/clubs close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hibernicus Exule

absolutely ridiculous that you couldnt use that word,its the very same as calling someone a thug,etc which is fine,the word may have started out meaning one thing but has evolved to mean something entirely different today,thats how the world works,get over it !!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

absolutely ridiculous that you couldnt use that word,its the very same as calling someone a thug,etc which is fine,the word may have started out meaning one thing but has evolved to mean something entirely different today,thats how the world works,get over it !!

I'll give you one post to explain whatever it is you're talking about, and then I'm going to close this 5 year old thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hibernicus Exule

close away and if it is such big deal that im commenting on a 5yo post then why have i the option to do so

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement