Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

World's Worst Liar/Dietrich is Irish!!! Its that Ferrari story okay, thread!

Options
  • 22-02-2006 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

"Yes, officer, that's my Ferrari Enzo. And, yes, I've had a few. But you see, I wasn't driving the car when it crashed at 100mph and split in half. It was some German guy. Some guy named Dietrich. Yeah, that's the ticket. And he ran off."

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_052110615.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Wasn't the Enzo only available if you were deemed worthy to be asked "do you want to buy one" by Ferrari???

I guess the owner of that one is off Ferraris Christmas card list!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

what the hell, they will fiind out who was driving it from the reg plate or from chassis number.

its not hard to find who was driving a car.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

drdre wrote:
    what the hell, they will fiind out who was driving it from the reg plate or from chassis number.

its not hard to find who was driving a car.

That will reveal who owns it - not who was driving it.
    However, the blood on the drivers airbag should reveal the identity of the driver.

Did the news reader have a lot of cosmetic surgery or are my eyes just tired?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

5 down, 396 to go :(

Was he racing an SLR?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

'These damned euro-trash' is the subtext of that feature!

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

LOL, the survial cell held up well though.

the driver is very lucky to survive

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

"Wasn't the Enzo only available if you were deemed worthy to be asked "do you want to buy one" by Ferrari???

I guess the owner of that one is off Ferraris Christmas card list!!!"

On the contrary, I'd say Ferrari wish all their customers were like that! He buys another car, Enzo values rise as supply falls, what's not to like about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

drdre wrote:
    the driver is very lucky to survive

Nah, its not anywhere near as bad as it looks. The engine etc is designed to detach during an accident to reduce the momentum of the vehicle. So although it may look like "the car split in half" it's actually meant to do that.

• Advertisement

Anan1 wrote:
    "Wasn't the Enzo only available if you were deemed worthy to be asked "do you want to buy one" by Ferrari???

On the contrary, I'd say Ferrari wish all their customers were like that! He buys another car, Enzo values rise as supply falls, what's not to like about that?

Apparentlly it is likelly the factory will build him another one. No free of charge of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Authorities have identified the owner of a Ferrari Enzo that virtually disintegrated in a collision with a power pole yesterday morning on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu.

L.A. County sheriff's department officials say 44-year-old Stefan Ericksson says he was a passenger in the car that had been worth some $1 million. He says the driver was a German acquaintance he knew only as Dietrich. He says Dietrich ran into the hills after the collision.

But officials tell the L.A. Times they're skeptical of Ericksson's version of events. Deputies say Ericksson had a blood-alcohol level of 0.09, slightly more than the legal 0.08 limit. Plus, only the driver's side air bag deployed and it had blood on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

The original story I linked to had all that information. Guess they changed it.

ronoc wrote:
    Apparentlly it is likelly the factory will build him another one

Interesting. Any links for that? Afaik Enzo production was limited. They're not being built anymore

Just when you thought that this story had reached maximum ridiculousness:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8040875409&indexURL=0#ebayphotohosting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Ernie Ball wrote:
    Just when you thought that this story had reached maximum ridiculousness:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8040875409&indexURL=0#ebayphotohosting
    FFS! the yanks will buy and sell anything. Probably a fake anyways!

The Q&A on that auction page is priceless, especially this:

"Q: I want it. It was just a test drive, I made Erikkson an offer he couldn't refuse, but he did. So now I get it this way. Thanks for picking up the piece. I own the towing company too. -Dietrich
    Feb-21-06"

"A: Winner response. Mind if I post it? Oh what the hell, I'll post it anyway :)"

Some of the Q&As are funny :)

Oh and it was an SLR then racing the Enzo?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

unlikely that you'd let a guy who you don't have a surname for drive your Ferarri......

Q: safety: are there any bihoazards on this piece? ie, blood, hair, bodily fluids?. i wouldnt want to catch richdouschebagitis.
    Feb-21-06

A: Not sure, but if you live in Corona you have probably become immune to biohazards. Bid with confidence.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote:
    unlikely that you'd let a guy who you don't have a surname for drive your Ferarri......

Unless it is Dietrich of course

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

unkel wrote:
    Unless it is Dietrich of course

Cool name for an imaginary friend!

colm_mcm wrote:
    Cool name for an imaginary friend!

Someone in the know told me that Dietrich beat the Stig hands down :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Anan1 wrote:

So the value rises, that's no good to Ferrari as they have already sold the cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

FX Meister wrote:
    So the value rises, that's no good to Ferrari as they have already sold the cars.

Of course it is. Higher used values improve brand image and help to justify higher prices for future limited-edition cars.

Anan1 wrote:
    Of course it is. Higher used values improve brand image and help to justify higher prices for future limited-edition cars.

yeah now because of afew enzo's written off the cars will increase in price as they will be a collectors item.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I think a certain finance company were looking for that Ferrari. They found it now anyway, albeit in instalments the other way around this time.:D

I followed this Enzo story with great intrest.

What a twist

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nothing would surprise me! :D
    Anyone got those pics of him from the papers yet?

Advertisement