Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs Of Judgement Day

• 18-04-2006 4:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey Guys, I was wondering if you could post some of the signs of judgement day(if you know any).:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭the_new_mr

I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to the signs of the day of judgement. I found the following link and it seems to be pretty good and has a good number of signs that I've heard before.
    http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/pillars/signsofthelasthour.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 chik_in_pink

Wow thank u so much.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

the_new_mr wrote:
    I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to the signs of the day of judgement. I found the following link and it seems to be pretty good and has a good number of signs that I've heard before.

The link you posted was very "top-level" explanation.

There were a few signs I learnt about, of which were said to be FACT!. Can you shed some light on these and if they are still accepted views about the last days.

I have included the Hadith reference but I have not had a chance to look it up myself but I have read these many many times in mosque. (Please note I am NOT quoting Quran to PROVE a point, these are real HADITH which ARE read in mosque) I am not looking to offend!!!!!
    “You will fight the Jews and will prevail over them, so that a rock will say, ‘O Muslim! There is Jew behind me, kill him!’” (Reported by Muslim, 2921; al-Bukhaari, 2926).
    According to a report narrated by Muslim from Abu Hurayrah, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Hour [the Day of Judgement] will not begin until the Muslims fight the Jews and kill them. A Jew will hide behind a rock or a tree, and the rock or tree will say, ‘O Muslim, O slave of Allaah! There is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!’ – except for the gharqad (box thorn), for it is one of the trees of the Jews.” (Reported by Muslim, 2922).

Just as a side note I am not trying to make anyone defend their religion. I am simple asking if this is still the view of muslims, it was when I was one, thats all. If it is then I have NO argument with that, I have no more questions. I dont want to get another ban :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

Yes its still valid,
    as in regards to other signs there are lots of them, I will make a list and post it soon with valid links.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

the_new_mr wrote:
    Reading the above, one of the last lines interested me.
    "It seems that today we are in the next to last stage of this chain; now is a good time to actively work for the reestablishment of the Muslim state and Khilafah."
    What does this mean exactly? Does it mean in the Arabian world or does it encompass the whole world under the caliphate?
    DinoBot wrote:
    According to a report narrated by Muslim from Abu Hurayrah, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Hour [the Day of Judgement] will not begin until the Muslims fight the Jews and kill them. A Jew will hide behind a rock or a tree, and the rock or tree will say, ‘O Muslim, O slave of Allaah! There is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!’ – except for the gharqad (box thorn), for it is one of the trees of the Jews.” (Reported by Muslim, 2922).
    If this reference is correct, then does this not seem a tad harsh, to say the very least? That in order for the end of the world to come Allah commands that the Muslims must kill all the Jews(I'm not treading the well worn path of lazy genocide references either, any call for the killing of any group of people is a bit extreme for any faith, I would have thought). Is this a question of interpretation again, or is it a clear command? I just noticed it's not referenced in the previous link.
    Suff wrote:
    Yes its still valid,
    Sorry Suff, are you referring to the killing of Jews bit?
    as in regards to other signs there are lots of them, I will make a list and post it soon with valid links.
    Cool, clarity on some of this would be good.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote:
    Reading the above, one of the last lines interested me.
    What does this mean exactly? Does it mean in the Arabian world or does it encompass the whole world under the caliphate? .

My understanding is its for the whole world. Islam is not just for the Arabs.
    Wibbs wrote:
    If this reference is correct, then does this not seem a tad harsh, to say the very least? That in order for the end of the world to come Allah commands that the Muslims must kill all the Jews

Well its not really as simple as that because close to the last day the Dajjal (or anti-christ) will come and the Jews will follow him. Therefore he and his followers will have to be defeated. See below some explanation to clear that bit up a bit.

Bk 41, Number 7032:
    Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be
    upon him) said: There will be no land which would not be
    covered by the Dajjal but Mecca and Medina, and there would no
    passage out of the passages leading to them which would not be
    guarded by angels arranged in rows. Then he (the Dajjal) would
    appear in a barren place adjacent to Medina and it would rock
    three times that every unbeliever and hypocrite would get out
    of it towards him.

Chapter 23: THE REMAINING AHADITH PERTAINING TO THE DAJJAL
    Bk 41, Number 7034:
    Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be
    upon him) said: The Dajjal would be followed by seventy
    thousand Jews
    of Isfahan wearing Persian shawls.

So the Jews will follow the Dajjal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

DinoBot wrote:
    Ok. It's the methods that soem might use to "actively work" for same that would make me uneasy. TBH the whole idea of any faith working to replace any political system with an religious one makes me uneasy.

So the Jews will follow the Dajjal.
    According to that hadeeth 70,000 of them will apparently follow this Dajjal. What about the other millions of Jews. Are they included in the rocks crying out for their deaths business? I say this because when I searched for the hadeeth in question, there appears to be nothing that suggests just some of Jews. It seems to say one of the signs of the end of the world is that Muslims should fight and kill the Jews and that some would hide behind rocks etc(also later on fighting the Turks is mentioned also). http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/052.sbt.html#004.052.176

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote:
    Ok. It's the methods that soem might use to "actively work" for same that would make me uneasy. TBH the whole idea of any faith working to replace any political system with an religious one makes me uneasy.

Islam has NO seperation between state and religion.
    Wibbs wrote:
    According to that hadeeth 70,000 of them will apparently follow this Dajjal. What about the other millions of Jews. Are they included in the rocks crying out for their deaths business? I say this because when I searched for the hadeeth in question, there appears to be nothing that suggests just some of Jews. It seems to say one of the signs of the end of the world is that Muslims should fight and kill the Jews and that some would hide behind rocks etc(also later on fighting the Turks is mentioned also). http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/052.sbt.html#004.052.176

I was always under the impression the hadeeth refered to all Jews at that time.

DinoBot wrote:
    Wibbs wrote:
    "It seems that today we are in the next to last stage of this chain; now is a good time to actively work for the reestablishment of the Muslim state and Khilafah."
    What does this mean exactly? Does it mean in the Arabian world or does it encompass the whole world under the caliphate?
    The whole Islamic world, not the whole world obviously.

Hi,

How do we know when we are in the last days ? Are we close ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

would anyone be able to explain to me how "a spade of spades" is a racist term. i just don't see it...

The Agogo wrote:
    would anyone be able to explain to me how "a spade of spades" is a racist term. i just don't see it...

Dont know why the hell you jumped on this thread.

Who do you think your asking the question to??? Islam thread, so it must be full of real sensitive black type people:rolleyes: .............get a life man. If you have a real question create a new thread and ask it.

In fairness, I was wondering myself DinoBot. Now I would be well known for bringing topics *ahem* a tad of course, but this is a level I can only dream of. I must learn from this master of the art.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Probably clicked the wrong post at the new posts page or something. Just ignore it for now. :)

DinoBot wrote:
    How do we know when we are in the last days ? Are we close ?
    Yep, we're close.

Still, statistically speaking, you're probably closer to your own death than to judgement day. Having said that, judgement day can (and will) come at any moment.

the_new_mr wrote:
    Yep, we're close.

Still, statistically speaking, you're probably closer to your own death than to judgement day. Having said that, judgement day can (and will) come at any moment.

Every gereration of every religion, that believes in the last day, thinks their generation is the one to see this judgement day. One example is in an Hadith:

Muslim, Bk 41, Number 7052:
    Anas b. Malik reported that a person asked Allah's Apostle
    (may peace be upon him): When would the Last Hour come?
    Thereupon Allah's Messenger (way peace be upon him) kept quiet
    for a while. then looked at a young boy in his presence
    belonging to the tribe of Azd Shanilwa and he said: If this
    boy lives he would not grow very old till the Last Hour would
    come to you
    . Anas said that this young boy was of our age
    daring those days.

Bk 41, Number 7053:
    Anas reported: A young boy of Mughira b. Shu'ba happened to
    pass by (the Holy Prophet) and he was of my age Thereupon
    Allah's Apostle (may peace be apon him) said: If he lives long
    he would not grow very old till the Last Hour would come (to
    the old People of this generation).

Alot of christian groups also say the last day is upon us very soon. I think it a good way to keep the faithful down and not to question too much.

This end of the world idea seems to be a particularly Judaeo/Christian/Muslim thing. I'm not sure if any of the other world religions give it much thought(AFAIR the Aztecs were into it too and we're getting close to the time oh oh). As you said DinoBot, the end of the world has been foretold by many generations, for a long long time, in various places and yet here we are.

the_new_mr wrote:
    Yep, we're close.
    QUOTE]

totally Agree.

there are a number of signs that were fortold by the Prophet (PBUH)
    these can be split into major and minor
    just few of the minor signs to mention...

The creation of Israel, the gulf war, Oil, Building fancy Mousqes, Towers and Sky Scrapers, the state of the Muslim world at the moment, current sociaty trends, TV,...
    However all these did come true the major signs are yet to occur:

the important ones are...

the Conversion of Rome to Islam, The Arabic Peninsula will become gardens and forests. The Anti-christ (Dajjal), the Mahdi will claim himself to the world (Guided one), the 2nd coming of Christ (PBUH), the final battle.

so I think we are safe for now until these major ones do appear however...you never know when you'r hour would come so you better always be good :)

Well, first of all, I never said that our generation would see it. It's just a possibility.

I also stated that, from a mathematical point of view, it's more likely that our generation wouldn't see it. Still, that's not for sure.

Now, I'm not a scholar and I'm certainly no expert on hadith but I doubt the authenticity of the hadith you quoted DinoBot. The reason I say this is because the hadiths you quoted imply that the Prophet (peace be upon him) had knowledge of when the Last Hour would be and he has stated in a number of authentic hadith that nobody knows except for God when it will be.
    Sahih Al-Bukhari
    Volume 1, Book 2, Number 47:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

One day while the Prophet was sitting in the company of some people, (The angel) Gabriel came and asked, "What is faith?" Allah's Apostle replied, 'Faith is to believe in Allah, His angels, (the) meeting with Him, His Apostles, and to believe in Resurrection." Then he further asked, "What is Islam?" Allah's Apostle replied, "To worship Allah Alone and none else, to offer prayers perfectly to pay the compulsory charity (Zakat) and to observe fasts during the month of Ramadan." Then he further asked, "What is Ihsan (perfection)?" Allah's Apostle replied, "To worship Allah as if you see Him, and if you cannot achieve this state of devotion then you must consider that He is looking at you." Then he further asked, "When will the Hour be established?" Allah's Apostle replied, "The answerer has no better knowledge than the questioner. But I will inform you about its portents.

1. When a slave (lady) gives birth to her master.

2. When the shepherds of black camels start boasting and competing with others in the construction of higher buildings. And the Hour is one of five things which nobody knows except Allah.

The Prophet then recited: "Verily, with Allah (Alone) is the knowledge of the Hour--." (31. 34) Then that man (Gabriel) left and the Prophet asked his companions to call him back, but they could not see him. Then the Prophet said, "That was Gabriel who came to teach the people their religion." Abu 'Abdullah said: He (the Prophet) considered all that as a part of faith.

DinoBot wrote:
    Dont know why the hell you jumped on this thread.

Who do you think your asking the question to??? Islam thread, so it must be full of real sensitive black type people:rolleyes: .............get a life man. If you have a real question create a new thread and ask it.

well i do apologise. i had only just joined Boards and was just tryin things out. no need to be so harsh..i didnt know some people could be so unwelcoming. hope people treat you well on your first go at things...

and i didn't know a spade of spades was referring to african-american "sensitive types"

so once again i do apologise

tchus aufwiedersehen

• Advertisement

Don't worry about it man. You're totally welcome here! It was just a misunderstanding I think. Don't worry about it.

Glad you found out the answer to your question anyway.

well thank you. im sure it was a misunderstanding on both our parts then

The Agogo wrote:
    well thank you. im sure it was a misunderstanding on both our parts then

No hard feelings man. I don't want to be the cause of you kicking some dog in anger, then the dog bites some guy, he yells at his kids...... man that will just get way out of hand :D

lets stay on topic guys....(and girls!)

Do christians and Jews have the same concept of Judgement Day? are there signs in the bible? I dont recall or remember if there are some? can some one add their thoughts to this?
    thanks

Well I don't know about the particulars in Judaism about the end of the world, but Christianity has the whole book of revelations part, which among other things describes the end of the world, the anti christ etc. Even the word Armageddon, describing the end comes from that text(describes a place in Israel/Palestine IIRC)The end of days thing is found in lots of religions. It seems universal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse

As it is with nostradmus, it also seems that every new generation of the religious(and others) interpret their various vague texts into something that fits the pattern that the end is nigh. Me, I'd be trying to make it fit so it wasn't going to happen anytime soon...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

To be fair Sceince predicts the end of the world as well. Of course when our sun eventually goes nova and burns the planet into nothingness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 chik_in_pink

Yeah I think the sun starts overtaking the earth from Yemen in Saudi Arabia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

I am not a muslim but am fascinated by the many parallels and differences of Xtianity/ Judaism and Islam.

The idea of jusdgment day, however, is universal. We know it will happen (knowledege of science unecessary - we know it is coming....) It has happened for some peoples. (South America) etc.

My only point being is this an unhealthy discussion.

How can anyone raise children with a belief that this is imminent?

There are "teachers" who pander to this need of people who find comfort in "the end of days" ; I can only misquote this:

"Just as a man can drink from any side of a full tank - so too can the skilled theologeon wrest from any scripture that which serves his purpose"
    (From memory of the translation of the Bhagavad Gita into English by WB Yeates/ Shri Purohit Swami (full name unknown to me).

"End-of-days" doesn't occur when Mecca/Jerusalem/Rome is reduced to ruins - it occurs when the earth no longer wants us to be here...

This can be perceived as punishment from God - it can also be pereceived as his divine will.

Accepting this when it comes is what needs to be achieved by everyone.

Anticipating this with eagerness can only equate to a troubled life.!!!!

^^ Nail on the head.

• Advertisement

Well, we're certainly not supposed to be "eagerly anticipating it" that's for sure and I'm sure that it hasn't already happened for South America (no dobut you're aluding to the fact the things are difficult in that part of the world these days).

We're all meant to be living our life in the knowledge that only God knows when the final hour will come and we should all live our life as normal. On the other hand, we mustn't forget what's important.

There is a very fitting hadith of the Prophet Mohamed (peace be upon him) for this which has actually been taken as a western proverb although most people don't know its origins.

"Build for yourself in this world as if you would live forever, and build for your afterlife as if you would die tomorrow."

Mahatma Gandhi was also known for saying "Learn as if you would live forever, live as if you would die tomorrow."

It should be noted at this point that Mahatma Gandhi did some reading on the Prophet (peace be upon him) after which he was quoted for saying:

"I wanted to know the best of one who holds today's undisputed sway over the hearts of millions of mankind....I became more than convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the Prophet, the scrupulous regard for his pledges, his intense devotion to his friends and followers, his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and in his own mission. These and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every obstacle. When I closed the 2nd volume (of the Prophet's biography), I was sorry there was not more for me to read of the great life."

Advertisement