Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Steering Alignment

Options
  • 18-04-2006 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Yesterday my mate was telling me that he was parked at a kerb and went to turn the wheels to pul out - but because the wheels were so close to the kerb, the steering wheel turned but the wheels didnt... Now when driving straight, the steering wheel is offset about 45 degrees. He says it drives ok but feels a bit on some corners. He is getting it looked at today. I had a look and could see any evidence of any damage or leakage from the steering system. The car is a Nissan Almera. To me it seems that these cars are totally fluid controlled and do not seem to have a rack and pinion linkage? Does any one know if this is a big job to repair? Cheers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

He might get lucky and simply need the tracking reset but by the sounds of it he may have bent a track rod or some other steering component.............

Advertisement