Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go?

Options
  • 18-04-2006 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭

I've finally got the balls to get a tatoo and i some questions to ask. where i galway is better, irish ink or metal works?
    Also, does anyone know any chinese? what does this mean sean.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

evil_seed wrote:
    I've finally got the balls to get a tatoo and i some questions to ask. where i galway is better, irish ink or metal works?

I dont know about studios in Galway, but from what little knowledge I have of Kanji that means:
    "white man stupid to get lettering on body he not understand"
    I think you'll find it might also mean "exploding diarrhoea", but I'm not sure about that one.

http://www.antipixel.com/blog/archives/2002/10/23/kanji_tattoos.html
    lot of stories online about artists who only know one or two kanji symbols and use them for anything that they are asked to translate.

Be very careful if you decide to go with Kanji it really doesn't work like English and cant be abused to look like a translation mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

evil_seed wrote:

First character is: Xiao
    Second char: En

Not used together normally. A guess is: Small token of gratitute.

But its better to find a book of translations and pick one you like. Do not trust the images on a wall or pictures on web ;)

Advertisement