Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pray for Mojo's...

Options
  • 18-04-2006 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Good God! If they tried it couldn't have been any worse. From the booming Sky Sports in the empty bar above us to the awful, awful food it was a disaster from start to finish.

I hadn't been into Mojo's since it was Mac's & first impressions were good. I like the new mezzanine floor & we didn't have to wait long for a waitress to come over. That was the best of it. Our pints took ages (though to be fair the barman was very busy with the CD player & the mirror) and then my wife's roll arrived at least ten minutes before her chips or anything of mine. Finally the trawler landed and my fish appeared, looking pretty impressive but unfortunately tasting of nothing but wet defrosted sludge. We (and the guy reading his book opposite) obviously looked like party guys so the barman kindly blasted us with music to get us in the mood. He was still busy with his other work when I got down but one of the waitresses kindly sorted it out

We didn't complain about the food because if you are that bad at what you do I definitely don't want you trying to fix it.

I'd be interested to know if anyone thinks we were unlucky or is this the norm for 'Limerick's latest Gastropub'?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

I've heard that about it before, and i think the fact it was empty says a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i was in there the other night and they seemed to think that having a reflective stobe light thingy blasting the corneas out of people at 10pm was a good idea,its not ****ing ibiza in there! i hate that pub on saturday nights its like alking into a tommy hilfiger catalogue in there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Havent been in there since it was Macs. Place was always a ****hole to be honest. Only now, its been rebadged and the bouncers have in-ear monitors for their radios.
    But its always wedged at the weekends, so somebody must like it. I think people put up with an awful amount of crap, for the sake of a night out. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Wound up there a couple of time for friends parties and stuff. There's something quite depressing about the place. When the adjustable barstools become the highlight of the evening, you know there's something very wrong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Not a big fan of it as a either a restaurant or a pub but as a general rule, if you want food, never trust a pub for anything other than pub food. If you want a good meal go to a dedicated restaurant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Siobhan*

Anyone remember when it was Boxwells? Ah, them were the days......

Advertisement