Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double glazing measurements

Options
  • 18-04-2006 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi,

At present i have single glazed pvc windows & doors was looking to replace them and got a qoute for the front of my house two windows (both bay) about 79x39 and bout 69x39 and a door price €3k

Went into b&q over the weekend and seen a nice double glazing doorthat i really like. The thing is my front door measures 39width excluding the bit of door that is cemented. All the doors in b&q are 36.6 would i be able to fit this myself just putting in extra cement each side or will i need to get the door made. Dont really want to spend a lot as im a bit tight for cash at pressent.

Got a price for fitting 4ft french door and a 4ft window to the rear including moving there positions €1500. I have priced the french door €298 and i have been given a plan white d.g. window for nothing.

It would work out a lot cheeper to buy/fit these all myself is it worth forking out for them to be done by a d.g. company??

Advertisement