Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance Assessor in Dublin?

Options
  • 18-04-2006 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

I'm in the process of putting some extra braces on the chassis of my car. My insurance company insists that I get an assessor/engineer to look at them and write a report.

Anyone know of a place (in Dublin preferably) that does this sort of thing? I've looked in the golden pages under assessors and adjusters and rung a few but they all seem to do property only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

I'll probably be of no help but what kind of extra braces are you putting on the car??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

smokey2 wrote:
    I'll probably be of no help but what kind of extra braces are you putting on the car??

Probably?:)

The car is a convertible so chassis stiffness is a problem (leading to the dreaded "scuttle shake" among other things).

I'm putting 5 braces on the car: 3 member braces that bolt to the chassis, a breastplate that helps hold the two halves of the car together, and a front strut tower bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Any main stealer/simi approved garage/mechanic or advanced pitstop can do it.

You just bring the form with you that the insurance company send out to the said location and ask them to throw an eye over it.

The questions on the form probably wont be relevant to your braces either,when i got mine it asked about tyre depth and number of seats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

eireal wrote:
    Any main stealer/simi approved garage/mechanic or advanced pitstop can do it.

Good to know! I was about to go to the AA, who want €214 for this service.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Try Frank Glover, he is an independent assessor in Dublin and well respected by insurance companies. PM me and I'll give you his number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Ernie Ball wrote:
    Good to know! I was about to go to the AA, who want €214 for this service.

It'l cost you 50e max from any of the places i listed so shag the AA,
    I didnt have to have mine filled out in the end but 50 was the price i got from enquiring

Advertisement