Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Liverpool Stadium gets go-ahead (again)

• 18-04-2006 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭

This may be old news, maybe I missed the thread here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/4901164.stm

Liverpool ground plan re-approved

Plans for Liverpool FC's new stadium have been re-approved by city councillors without any alterations to the original scheme.

Plans for the stadium in Stanley Park, next to its current Anfield ground, were first given the go-ahead by Liverpool City Council in 2005.

The club had to resubmit plans for the 60,000-seater ground to make sure they conformed to new planning laws.

The club is looking for investors to help fund the £160m venture.

Shareholders were told at the club's recent AGM that it could be four years before the stadium was completed.

+++

4 years is a long time, anyone got a spare 160m then?

redspider

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

Every time I read about English clubs building stadiums like this I wonder why it costs €150 million more to build a stadium in Ireland with 10,000 less capacity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I hope it will be built in such a way that it is relatively straight forward to increase the capacity - without having to go through this kind of debacle again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Rick Parry has already stated a couple of times that it will not be built in a way in which it's capacity could be increased.

This might be a Liverpool decision, or it might be a lot to do with planning law, and the infrastructure in the area not being designed to cope with much more than a 60,000 seater stadium..

Advertisement