Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT cheque/draft - Payable to who..???

Options
  • 18-04-2006 11:35am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Seeing as the VRO offices aren't bothering to answer their phones this morning, I thought someone here might know. If you're paying VRT by cheque or bankers draft, who do you get it made out to??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Vro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

No its not its 'The Revenue Commissioners'.Thats what i put on my draft.......

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Well I've just got one made up for "VRO" on the advice of testicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭sweeneytodd

They asked me to write it out to 'The Revenue Commissioners - VRT Dept' last week.

Balls.

I hope testicle wrote his post based on experience.

If not, I ask why the hell he would post it. Goddamit.

It probably doesn't make any difference anyway presumably...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭sweeneytodd

spockety wrote:
    Balls.

I hope testicle wrote his post based on experience.

If not, I ask why the hell he would post it. Goddamit.

It probably doesn't make any difference anyway presumably...

They will probably take it !! VRO should be good enough. I paid by personal cheque and she told me they have only recently started to accept personal cheques as a method of payment hence her clear instruction on who to maken the cheque out to !!

Ok well they said "VRO" was grand. Unfortunately it seems you can't pay VRT on the spot! She said she'd take my VIN number and call me back later once she's confirmed the 'extras' that would show up in the VIN and the adjusted price off the web site! Gah.. have to take yet more time off work now to go back.

Goddamn feckers used my chassis number to find that the car has leather, sports seats, electric folding mirrors, and metallic paint to the tune of 4.2k worth of extras! Goddamit. VRT up 240 euro on the web quote because of it.

Whoever said in the "Definitive Guide to importing from the UK" thread that you should load up on extras cos they don't seem to care, was a bit wide of the mark!!!!

Advertisement