Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage TRS - Apply as single or married?

Options
  • 18-04-2006 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Can anyone give some guideline on applying for TRS ? Just want to know if we're better applying singly or as a married couple?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

When my mrs applied a few years ago, she was told that because the mortgage was small there was no point in applying as married.

It would all depend on the size of mortgage involved. I would suspect with the size of most homeloans today that married is the way to go. Ask the revenue to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

the trs is only dependant on the mortage not weather you are married or not ie if two single people buy a house the trs is calculated on the amount each put into the house if i put in 75k and my mate put in 25k of a 100K house(i wish) 75% of trs would be under my name and paid into my account etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

To apply ring the Revenue Commissioners and ask for a TRS1 to be sent out to you, you fill this in and send it to the bank.

If you wish to calm relief for previous years then request a "Claim Form" for TRS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Sleipnir wrote:

Do it online, it's processed quicker. Allow 2-3 months for all to be sorted and for you to get your back dated relief into your bank.

• Advertisement
Advertisement