Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving abode - Smart BB and eircom

• 18-04-2006 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭

Hi

Quick question.

I have Smart BB since last Sept (very very happy customer)
    I will be moving apt in next week or two and I know I will have to pay my fee to Smart till the end of my 12 month initial contract.
    I also know I may have to do this even if I open a new account with them but that's for another time and call to Smart CS...

However, the place I'm moving to has just been built so I am guessing there is no line work in place.

Do I have to get eircom to install new line then contact Smart to changeover or can Smart install a new line? The area seems to be in a Smart enabled exchange (Finglas Village)

Thks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

The Smart FAQ on their website is a bit ambiguous, although I think they've change the wording since I joined up. While it says you have to sign up for a new contract at the new address, it's unclear whether there's a penalty for terminating your old contract.

Before I signed up last July, I knew I'd be moving house within a year, so I e-mailed them for clarifiaction, and was told there would be no penalty as long as I signed up with them at my new address. If I didn't, or couldn't, sign up at my new address, I'd have to pay out my old contract.

When it came to moving three onth later, I e-mailed again to ask about the procedure, and was told I'd have to either pay out my existing contract, or pay a (quite ridiculous) €200 fee to have my account moved.

I had their e-mail from before I signed up, which I forwarded to them, and after a week of mails back and forth they backed down, so I didn't have to pay out my contract or pay the fee. but they may have changed their terms since.

Advertisement