Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

two story garage

Options
  • 18-04-2006 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi,
    I would like to build a garage with enough room upstairs for a playroom. anybody ever built one of these or any idea of cost,recommended size,planning permission etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,129 ✭✭✭✭muffler

urranger wrote:
    Hi,
    I would like to build a garage with enough room upstairs for a playroom. anybody ever built one of these or any idea of cost,recommended size,planning permission etc?
    The cost will vary from place to place. Best thing is to get someone to draw up a rough plan of it and get a couple of estimates.

You will need planning if you are more than 4 metres high to the apex of the roof which in your case I would think will be in the region of 5.00 metres

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I have built a 8.6m by 6.6m one, which gives me 7m x 3.5m approx (allowing for stairwell) usable space in the attic. Price though would totally depend on finish. Total ridge height 6.5m, so planning is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Likewise, planning would be required considering the height. On advantage is that when the walls are up you can install joists and floor with plywood, That makes for a good platform for rafters/roofing. Well worth persuing considering the amount ao addition space available and not a huge additional cost.

Advertisement