Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seatbelt Extension

Options
  • 18-04-2006 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭

Does anone know where I can get a seatbelt extension for my car (Hyundai)? The seatbelt does not comfortably go around the driver. On airplanes there are small extensions that have a clip and buckle and you plug them into the existing stalk/buckle.
    I see ones like this for cars, for sale on the net. But they all seem to be for american cars.

Is there anyone out there that has experience of this? Or know of a way to (safely) lengthen an existing seatbelt?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

If the seatbelt in your car (or any airplanes) don't fit around you then you should really start to think about walking places.....

I'm sorry, couldn't resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

that may well be on the cards, but it doesnt help me in the immediate future.

Anyone know if there is a generic seatbelt extension? Or generic (longer) stalk?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Have a look at this - it's American, but it looks as though it should work on a European car:

http://www.store.yahoo.net/wescoperformance/seat-belt-extender.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

that looks just the thing, Anan! I had just given up on finding a buckle / socket arrangement, and just begun to think of extending the other end of the belt (that is bolted to the floor) but was worried about getting something strong enough.......

i will let you all know how I get on!

Advertisement