Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take to receive a credit card.

Options
  • 18-04-2006 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

accepted for credit card on the 22nd of march by NIB, almost a month later (18th april) still no sign of it, despite NIB promising it would be 'priority'.

ive no idea how long it normally takes to make up and post out a credit card. surely not 4 weeks!!! i'll give them a buzz later if this isnt normal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

After your application has been approved it shouldn't take that long for a card to be issued to you. I'd give them a ring about it. Are you sure you were approved for a card on the 22nd or was it that they had received your application on that date?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

0utshined wrote:
    After your application has been approved it shouldn't take that long for a card to be issued to you. I'd give them a ring about it. Are you sure you were approved for a card on the 22nd or was it that they had received your application on that date?

i'd a bit of hassle as they initially refused me (got a letter of refusal on 22nd). same day, after a phone call or 2 it was reversed and they admitted they'd made a mistake. they said it would then be treated with priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Ring them back..it shouldn't take that long. Then again, the bank is in the middle of a huge transition at the moment which may be messing the whole system up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

BuffyBot wrote:
    Ring them back..it shouldn't take that long. Then again, the bank is in the middle of a huge transition at the moment which may be messing the whole system up.
    That is what I was thinking. THey completly changed the IT system over the Easter weekend. About time I might add, I am fed up with cash lodged in any branch other than my own taking 3 days to appear in my account.

MrP

Advertisement