Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 & Vodafone to offer Broadband?

Options
  • 18-04-2006 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Hey Chaps,

This maybe the wrong forum but just wondered if anyone had any info on this ?

I'm stuffed to satellite broadband and too far from the exchange at home. If thiswasn't tooooooo extortionate it maybe worth a go for me ..

cheers

Fatboy..

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

this bull**** was in a sunday paper .

it will work in dublin cork galway type places but not in rural areas and will cost a fortune every month for c 1mbit , and wil be launched end this year or early next year anyway

it will work better than 2 way satellite at about the same cost

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

Sponge Bob wrote:
    this bull**** was in a sunday paper .

it will work in dublin cork galway type places but not in rural areas and will cost a fortune every month for c 1mbit , and wil be launched end this year or early next year anyway

it will work better than 2 way satellite at about the same cost

:mad: I'm not too "rural".. 15 miles from Lim'rik.... ??

I don't care about the speed too much (as long as its quicker that dial-up.)

just wanna be able to surf for a wee while once in a while ......

Cheers

FBP.

that could be behind a mountain in Tipp though !

the tech mentioned in the papers will ONLY work where you see RED bits on THIS MAP and as you can see there are feck all red bits so the story was bull**** of the highest order.

As it took over 3 years to get that much of Ireland coloured red on the map you may imagine how long it will take to get half the country covered ......about 203 I'd say:( . Move the mountain nearer Limerick if you must :D

Sponge Bob wrote:
    that could be behind a mountain in Tipp though !

the tech mentioned in the papers will ONLY work where you see RED bits on THIS MAP and as you can see there are feck all red bits so the story was bull**** of the highest order.

As it took over 3 years to get that much of Ireland coloured red on the map you may imagine how long it will take to get half the country covered ......about 203 I'd say:( . Move the mountain nearer Limerick if you must :D

mmmm I actually live at the bottom of a mountain in Tipp, hence I can't see the booster on top and therfore can't get the satellite broadband...

By the looks of that map its highly unlikey I'll get this.... bunch of bankers....

:mad:

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote:

yep,

...IrishBroadband were out to me but my house sits below the mountain and I have no line of sight :mad: Am too far from the exhange to get the phoneline broadband too... only resolution was pay for someone else in the valley who could see the booster to get broadband then buy a repeater and get broadband off that. but its all a bit dodgy if the relationship with the bod in the valley breaks down ......

huh, country life :(

Advertisement