Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you're old enough to remember seeing Xentrix in McGonagles....

Options
  • 18-04-2006 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

... can you spot yourself here? :)

image_19.jpg

Found this on www.xentrix.co.uk, a pic from 1990. I always used to head up the front and stand on the bass player's side (the left as we look at it here) so I think I'm behind Macca in this one :(

Still, that brings back some memories :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

damn several months before my time :) but McGonagles....I hated that pebble dashed slanted roof - the amount of times I cracked my skull of it...you'd think it would have damage brain me given

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

Ahhh memories.

I was there, can't see myself in the pic (boohoo)
    I would be the one with the cut up face from getting a ring and watch slammed into it while moshing. I was very very drunk at the time.

Good day's

Thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I still have my Shattered Existence T-shirt in the oul one's... don't fit no more though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Dublin hasn't been the same from when McGongles shut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Which gig is that, december 1990? If so, I'm in there somewhere...probably down the back though. They played there again in july 1991 which was also brilliant...memories!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

Memories come flooding back.

Where any of you in the XentriX fan club. I won a signed record sleeve of the banned Ghostbusters record. Still have it somewhere. Wonder if it's worth anything.

Anybody pick one up at the gig when they where throwing them out?

Nah, I was in the Slammer fan club at the time, still got the limited edition 10" vinyl EP :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

nice lads, ended up drinking on their tour bus one night - can't even remember who they were supporting ?????
    The Crumbsuckers and Onslaught I think in the Top Hat.....

great to see a photo of McGonagles packed out.....

Yeah, the gig with Onslaught was their first time over here, then they did a couple in McGonagles. I used to love the English bands who came over regularily, Xentrix and Slammer, Sabbat and Acid Reign... great times :)

• Advertisement

Now if only someone has the crowd shot from the Massacre gig :)

Once I never have to see Rick Rozz in a balaclava again... that image will haunt me to my grave :D

Doctor J wrote:
    Once I never have to see Rick Rozz in a balaclava again... that image will haunt me to my grave :D

oh c'mon you telling me you werent filled with girlish glee? not that I was, full of manish ale (well 7up really, was a tad too young to drink or stupid not to buy any)

I felt disturbed in a way I'd never been before, a fat, sweaty Rozz before me, wearing a balaclava and playing Corpsegrinder *shivers* :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Neil71

Hi I actually promoted that massacre gig- nice guys great crowd
    I also ran the ICE security team that used to let everybody stage dive in -
    mcgonagles- CLASS DAYS!!
    Loved every minute , also promoted bolt thrower , carcass and the mighty DEATH!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Neil71 please don't bump old threads just to repeatedly post the same thing. Note that the last post before yours on this thread was from nearly five years ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement