Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change schools?

Options
  • 18-04-2006 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

hi i plan on moving in November to a newly built house in wicklow. At the moment my daughter attends school in dublin. Wondering about her school change? ie does she go to the new school in september and we will commute each day before we move or leave her in her present school and change mid year? can this be done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You would need to be looking at the schools in the area what you are moving into.
    Get a copy of thier enrollment policy and if any of them will have a place for her.
    Often the times for moving house are pushed back.
    It may be possible to move your daughter between school at the end of the christmas term.
    Is your daughter in primary or secondary school ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

she's in primary - i'll take your advice and contact the school i'm looking at and see what they say, i imagine it would be hard enough to get her in mid-year and possibly even in sept! really hope I don't have to do that commute every day though!

Advertisement