Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM2005 Versus FM2006

Options
  • 18-04-2006 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭

Hey All,
    Okay I have FM2005 and found it decent, the main problem being the relative slowness of the game even with very few leagues running.
    I was running it on a decent speced PC, 2.5 gig proc and about 1 gig RAM.
    The game itself is highly addictive.
    Can anyone tell me if 2006 is faster than 2005 for processing games etc....
    Also what are the main differences between both.....
    Just wondering if it is worth upgrading to 2006.....
    Kippy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Anyone.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

2006 is faster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

why faster, more leagues, better training, its easier, ya get to give half time/full time team talks. check out their site to see the new improvements. its really good game.

Thats it then, next pay cheque I am getting it for the PC.
    I fear this will be the end of my life outside the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Yea it should have a warning on the box, Fm2006 will ruin your social life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I've had the last few CM/FM games and didnt really notice a massive difference between them (apart from players, and the fact that you could watch a basic graphic representation of the match, which I never used) so I was pretty wary of forking out 50 odd yoyo for the latest one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

tbh i hardly noticed a difference between 05 and 06, no way id fork out 50euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'm pretty sure its not 50 euro. 25 at most I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

seen it for €29 www.play.com anyone seen i cheaper??

You can pre-order FM 07 (due Oct06) for €40, best to wait for '07 if u dont own '06

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

To be honest, with FM2007 coming out in less than six months, would you not just tolerate FM2005 for a little while longer. I only ever buy FM/the old Championship Manager games every two years anyway because not enough changes in them year by year to warrant a purchase bar the update player rosters. My 2c.

Advertisement