Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to queue for the PIT?!!!

• 18-04-2006 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

I am schizophrenic with excitement with the return of Metallica this summer. Me n me mate really wanna get ourselves into the PIT for this gig.......BUT we dont have a clue what you need to do.

I've heard that you gotta queue for ages, but where?!!!!!!! What gate will you get the wristbands at? Anyone have any idea how long u'd need to queue for??!!

Help a desperate metal head, cuz i've a funny feeling we wont be seein too much more o 'Tallica!!

Thanx people :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Back in my day (old man that I am) - its a case of first in, gets into the pit

Any of the gates that you go through, chances are there is a select number of wrist bands, etc that are given out - thats what you need to get.

That said - I didnt think there was any seperation between the crowd and the pit??

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Here is our plan. Go out Saturday night before gig hit Bruxelles stay until they throw us out and then head to RDS bound to be at the top of the queue then and therefore a pit pass:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

First come, first served for the pit.
    You queue as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Here is our plan. Go out Saturday night before gig hit Bruxelles stay until they throw us out and then head to RDS bound to be at the top of the queue then and therefore a pit pass:D

perfect solution.

the other idea is to get some from last year. after a while the pit bouncers wont even check (2 years running the passes were the same colour)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭pants on fire

Yeah i kinda thought as much. We're just gonna go there late sat nite and hang at the gate all night cos I REALLY wanna get into that pit!!!

Good luck to all!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah i kinda thought as much. We're just gonna go there late sat nite and hang at the gate all night cos I REALLY wanna get into that pit!!!

WAhey, me too! Thank god i wont be the only one. Only cos we cant get up early enough though in the mornin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Senbotsu

Its the same as most shows, a mad dash for the pit area and the rare pit band. You wanna hope your fit and ready to race for a pit band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Senbotsu wrote:
    Its the same as most shows, a mad dash for the pit area and the rare pit band. You wanna hope your fit and ready to race for a pit band.

nah at the RDS they let some of the queue inside the outer-gates and hand out wrist-bands there, then you still have to wait for the gates to actually open.

nice to see another mad caps fan on here!

Advertisement