Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dx?

• 18-04-2006 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Anyone think that we will soon see the reformation of DX?
    Both HBK and HHH have used the DX chop in recent weeks and with HHH truning face it looks like only a matter of time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

jongore wrote:
    Anyone think that we will soon see the reformation of DX?
    Both HBK and HHH have used the DX chop in recent weeks and with HHH truning face it looks like only a matter of time.

oh I hope not - this is another thing from the past we dont need. DX years ago was fresh and fun - not it would be viewed as stale, boring and an obvious insight into McMahon trying to recapture glory days instead of coming up with fresh and decent material (anyone who watched RAW will know how bad its getting)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

Ph3n0m wrote:
    oh I hope not - this is another thing from the past we dont need. DX years ago was fresh and fun - not it would be viewed as stale, boring and an obvious insight into McMahon trying to recapture glory days instead of coming up with fresh and decent material (anyone who watched RAW will know how bad its getting)

i would agree. watched raw this morning. and it was a mess. the only good thing about the whole show was the handicap match and to be honest it could have been better if it wasnt for the fact that mcmahon's crappy storyline took up most of the show :mad: :mad:

and no it wouldnt be a good idea at all... leave the past in the past.... the goods of dx should stay in the past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

amen to that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Zip

I am not even going to pretend to understand what you just typed.

PM has been sent to the poster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

can't see it either to be honest, it would require HBK giving up his christian ways, after all the D in DX stood for Degeneration as in Degenerates, not very born-again-christian-like.
    i think it's only being used to move HHH close to face and maybe even turn him for a month or so before they ultimatley tease it like they did in 2002 and turn HHH back to heel.
    the chops mean nothing on their own, all the bret hart music last year was simply used to piss fans off that he wasn't coming back and garner further heat for HBKs heel turn

• Advertisement

these suck it routines last night from shawn and triple h are p***ing me off :mad: then again so is mr mcmahon's crap as well :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

can't see it either to be honest, it would require HBK giving up his christian ways, after all the D in DX stood for Degeneration as in Degenerates, not very born-again-christian-like.
    i think it's only being used to move HHH close to face and maybe even turn him for a month or so before they ultimatley tease it like they did in 2002 and turn HHH back to heel.
    the chops mean nothing on their own, all the bret hart music last year was simply used to piss fans off that he wasn't coming back and garner further heat for HBKs heel turn

I personally believe this sums up the whole situation quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Possible spoiler: I read that X-Pac has resigned with WWE. He is pretty close to Triple H behind the scenes, so HHH probably used his sway to re-hire him. Also with the two DX chops on Raw last night, it further adds to it. I'm guessing something will go down at SummerSlam.

RVD420 wrote:
    Possible spoiler

proof? source? link?

Remember reading it a while back on Wrestlezone. Went there, searched their headlines, but the search engine on the site has changed and it sucks now. Sorry can't find a link....:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Bold statements there RVD.

well I would argue about the truth of the wrestlezone post - as I have not read it anywhere in the more reputible publications (wrestlingobserver.com being one) - nor has any other site that I know of post such a story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

i agree, last nighs and last weeks raw were poor. the cena/edge/hhh match each night saved it and trish acting like mickie james was funny.
    vince and shawn storyline is getting stale.
    i reckon hhh will never form or be in a gang ever again.
    bring eric back as raw gm manager.

Seeing as there are no other reports of the story it could well have been one of those stupid re-direct links to another site, using waffly headlines to trick you into clicking.
    Raw sucks lately, Carlito / Striker was funny. But when they did the Rock /Austin Wrestling History recap it showed how good it was then compared to now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think I also read the thing which RVD posted. There was certainly talk of a return after he left TNA.

I alos hope DX doesn't return. Why can we not just have them as one of the all time great stables, unlike how the NWO was ruined by Vince.

We have a very nice stable at present with the Spirit Squad, it might be nice if there were another mid card stable to fued with them, but no point in rehashing old storylines.

gimmick wrote:
    I think I also read the thing which RVD posted. There was certainly talk of a return after he left TNA.

I alos hope DX doesn't return. Why can we not just have them as one of the all time great stables, unlike how the NWO was ruined by Vince.

We have a very nice stable at present with the Spirit Squad, it might be nice if there were another mid card stable to fued with them, but no point in rehashing old storylines.

the spirit squad vs dx???:eek: are u fawking kidding me..... the spirit squad would be killed by dx...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ What are you on about? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

even if d-x formed again one thing is for sure....billy and road dogg aint comin back.............they hate hhh...with a vengeance!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I wouldnt mind seeing a new kind of stable like Evolution again. Just not DX. I mean WWE has some new up and comers signed up (ie Harry Smith, Punk, etc) and it would be a way for them to get on air, getting some ring time whilst having HHH or Michales as a mouth piece.

and yet I expect WWE to fumble the ball - yet again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it would do no harm

look at Batista and Orton for example

Mossy Monk wrote:
    it would do no harm

look at Batista and Orton for example

aye - Orton is more midcarder and was pushed waaaaay to quickly

Batista on the other hand was pushed perfectly and is over as a champion. First glance he did appear to be a Warrior clone - all grunts, yells and muscles - but his promos show his confidence, plus they are simple and straight forward - he is doing a HHH and boring everyone, taking 20 minute to explain why he is going to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I don't think Orton was pushed too quickly. After his program with Foley and his win against Benoit he had a ton of momentum going his way.

The mistake was turning him face and dropping the belt in 3 weeks instead of being allowed to carry the strap as the arrogant, young heel which had made him get over in the first place.

On the DX thing, the original more often than not can never be out done. I think they may use it as a way to turn Triple H face though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

I'd love if DX reformed but only if it was done right. actually, I'd probably even be content with a half assed attempt.. if only for the deadly entrance and crotch chops. an X-Pac return would be great. I reckon they'll go for it anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Just saw this on Rajah

Exclusive Details on the Possible Reformation of DeGeneration X:

Many have wondered with Shawn Michaels and Triple H both using the D-X crotch chop if there is a chance that WWE could be thinking of bringing back the DeGeneration X faction.

PWTorch.com is reporting that there is at least some chance that the company plans on reforming one of the most successful factions in WWE history. However, one can never be assured as WWE has been known for teases and storylines that only build hype.

With Shawn Michaels being a “born again Christian,” his religion will obviously limit what he will be willing to do.

Due to contractual obligations with TNA and WWE’s disinterest in them, Kip and BG James would not be brought back to the company. There is a possibility that Sean Waltman could be brought back to join DX if the WSX promotion does not take off.

I don't really seeing it happening, especially when HHH & HBK seem to be going two different directions at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just saw this on Rajah

Many have wondered with Shawn Michaels and Triple H both using the D-X crotch chop if there is a chance that WWE could be thinking of bringing back the DeGeneration X faction.

PWTorch.com is reporting that there is at least some chance that the company plans on reforming one of the most successful factions in WWE history. However, one can never be assured as WWE has been known for teases and storylines that only build hype.

With Shawn Michaels being a “born again Christian,” his religion will obviously limit what he will be willing to do.

Due to contractual obligations with TNA and WWE’s disinterest in them, Kip and BG James would not be brought back to the company. There is a possibility that Sean Waltman could be brought back to join DX if the WSX promotion does not take off.

I don't really seeing it happening, especially when HHH & HBK seem to be going two different directions at the moment!

I don't think they're going in different directions. Triple H seems to be heading in the babyface direction.

I don't think they will reform though. I think it's a tease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think they might reform it. I mean why continually tease somthing thats getting a poistive reaction and then don't deliver? Again I 'm not 100% sure they will do it but its certainly one way to cement a Triple H turn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Just saw this on Rajah

snip......
    There is a possibility that Sean Waltman could be brought back to join DX if the WSX promotion does not take off.

It all seems a bit shakey to me, no Road Dogg or Billy Gunn and if Wrestling Society X is picked up then Waltman is tied down for a full season to them because of what he signed before their first taping.

I really dont want to see Waltman back. The only was I can see a DX reformation working is with a new group of guys under HHH and Michaels. But who?!
    I think CM Punk fits the bill :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I think Punk should start his own stable, he's more than capable of speaking for himself. Plus the whole straight-edge thing wouldn't really suit DX, would it?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

You could get away with alligning Punk with Michaels but I'm not sure he'd fit into the whole DX thing...... Snitsky on the other hand :D

I would be shocked, but plesantly surprised if Punk got to do the Straight Edge gimmick in WWE. I just picture Punk getting his big break as a member of DX, or some faction, gaining a bit of popularity and then breaking out on his own.
    Never gonna happen though!

You could get away with alligning Punk with Michaels but I'm not sure he'd fit into the whole DX thing...... Snitsky on the other hand :D
    I always thought Snitsky and Heidenreich would make a great tag team, if only for their entertaining promos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

DX would be great for someone like Shelton Benjamin who struggles to show his charisma. He's also had mini-feuds with HHH and HBK in the past so I think it would be believable to think that they would allow him to join.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭godfather69er

maybe 'god' is HHH!!!!!!!!!!! its believable what with HH being carried out like a king and all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

yea, I was thinking that myself.. as ridiculous as it sounds.. what the hell is with all this "help from above" bollox.. all the "miracles" on Raw and whatnot. lame...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It's obvious at this stage, the pyro guy is God!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I remember talkin to a mate of mine about this DX thing yonks ago, and a name that always kept popping up was Chris Jericho. I know he's left the WWE to follow other interests, but its nice to dream :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

RVD420 wrote:
    But when they did the Rock /Austin Wrestling History recap it showed how good it was then compared to now.

I was watching it the other night and my girlfriend happened to be there and about 5 mins after the rock/austin recap she turned around and said "its not as good now as it was back then is it?that actually looked kind of exciting!"
    This from someone who hates it yet could tell the difference between now and then with just a 2 minute clip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I personally don't have a huge problem with a DX reunion.
    I know digging up old gimmicks isn’t the "way forward", but really HBK and HH are not the way forward full stop, so why not have a bit of fun by teaming them again? Neither are doing anything too memorable at the moment - for HHH it's a case of same title picture, different opponent as it's been for years now and I think everyone would like to see Michael's current angle ended asap.
    I would not be in favor of any other former DX members coming back, but no one bar Rick Rude (RIP) and Chyna (May as well be RIP as far as a chance of reviving her WWE career goes) would be an original member anyway. I think Michaels and Helmsley would be strong enough on their own to pull off the revival of the gimmick, no one can deny their chemistry together. If they brought the gimmick back, but gave it a more modern feel to suit their current image/status on screen rather than the HHH and HBK of '97, then it could work, or at least be funny for a while. What other suggestions does anyone have for both their careers at this point? A roster move is about the only other one I can think of.
    Bringing back factions is possibly trial and error - Rejoining the Hart Foundation in '97 worked in my view.NWO in 2002 was pretty much a disaster, but it didn’t damage the careers of Hogan, Nash and Hall long term, so why not give this a try?

Why not reform them, then form a new Hart Foundation with Teddy Hart, Harry Smith and Nattie Neidhart to feud with them.

I think that would be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ff101

D-FENS wrote:
    Bringing back factions is possibly trial and error - Rejoining the Hart Foundation in '97 worked in my view.NWO in 2002 was pretty much a disaster, but it didn’t damage the careers of Hogan, Nash and Hall long term, so why not give this a try?

Why not reform them, then form a new Hart Foundation with Teddy Hart, Harry Smith and Nattie Neidhart to feud with them.

I think that would be good.

it didnt exactly do wonders for nash and hall though. it made everyone realise how cool it was originally and how it sucked at the end of wcw.

That fued between dx and the Harts wouldn't work at all. DX would never ever ever put them over. teddy wold probably go into business for himself anyway. he has an even bigger ego than trip

If DX were done properly, cuting edge they would work, but not in an evoloution mode. then they could bring back the horsemen who want to protect traditionalism with Flair, Benoit etc.

Advertisement