Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

schools in the area?

Options
  • 18-04-2006 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi folks,
    Myself and my wife are living fairly close to Charlesland (i.e. in Kilpedder) and with a baby on the way in the next couple of months, we're wondering about schools in the surrounding area... no time like the present to look into this type of stuff I suppose!!!

Anyone have a list of schools in the areas of Kilpedder/Charlesland/Kilquade/Delgany/Kilcoole/Greystones??

Also, if any of you have info on your experiences (good or bad) dealing with various schools in the area, it'd be great to hear these too!

Thanks!
    B.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

primary schools in Greystones:

St Brigids
    St Kevins
    St Laurences (all RC)
    St Patricks (CofI)
    Delgany National School (CofI?)

there are schools in kilcoole and newtown but don't think there are any in kilpedder

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Bosch

Thanks very much for the info... now all I need is some way to find out some details about the schools... e.g. teacher-pupil ratio, activities, etc...

Wonder if the dept of education has such info publically available??

Cheers,
    B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 FVC

St Brigids has a very good reputation. My eldest is starting there this September.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dalila

Bosch wrote:
    Thanks very much for the info... now all I need is some way to find out some details about the schools... e.g. teacher-pupil ratio, activities, etc...

Wonder if the dept of education has such info publically available??

Cheers,
    B.

You should try ringing the schools themselves and see what information they can give you before you try the department, you will then get an idea of what to do next with regards to enrollment etc. What type of information on activities are you looking for? Schools will give details of after school activities anyway - but these may change by the time your little one gets there. If it's curriculum information you are looking for you can view the primary curriculum online? Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aug1

the student teacher ratio will be irrevalent as it changes every year and in general the school cannot refuse students in the parish of the specific religion.(if proven to be practicing). The ratio changes constantly. It's a bit of luck really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Im sending my eldest son to St. Kevins in september. have heard wonderful things about it and when I went to the meeting i was very impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

Hi Foxy my daughter also starting in St.Kevins in a couple of weeks what class is your son going into?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Miss Beggs class!! Thats wonderful It would be great if my son new someone there He's a bit shy with new people. last year in pre school it was nearly December before he would go without any tears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

sorry about this but my daughter is going into 2nd class, feel very nervous for her as she was so used to her old school and friends so a little desperate to find some friends! How sad am I!! She probably won't mind at all. I'm sure your son will get on grand once he has his year of pre-school under his belt. They will all be in the same boat in the class. Best of luck with it

Advertisement