Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quinn-Direct, No claims Discount Rate?

Options
  • 18-04-2006 3:48pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know what there typical No claims discount is(first 1yr)? 25%,35%, :rolleyes: 45%

I checked the site and all it says is generous no claims discounts

I know each and every quote is unique to the individual and current insurance rates but im sure a lot here can speak from experience

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

slade_x wrote:
    Does anyone know what there typical No claims discount is(first 1yr)? 25%,35%, :rolleyes: 45%

I checked the site and all it says is generous no claims discounts

I know each and every quote is unique to the individual and current insurance rates but im sure a lot here can speak from experience

Thanks

Just call them and get a quote, it's the only way to find out.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

20-25 first year
    every company different

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

normally 1st year is 10 - 15%

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

The discount is applied to current rates is it not?

For example say my insurance last year was €1900, now say if i was to ask for a quote with all the same details only the same quote now would only be for arguements sake maybe €1750, a 1yr no claims discount would be applied to the current rate, and not my old quote?

or do some insurers really try to screw people and hold true to the previous quoted amount?

my insurance isnt actually up for another 4/5 months but it would be nice to have an idea as i plan to trade up, vehicle wise

The discount is applied to the current rate. This is why, when one has a full NCB, the premium can sometimes still rise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Nom-IzZ

i rang up today its 19% while hibernian is 10%

Nom-IzZ wrote:
    i rang up today its 19% while hibernian is 10%

Yeah, but of what? Discounts mean nothing, quotes are what count.;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

i just thought i would give 123.ie a go with my details, with 1year no claims bonus its around €1400

Then i tried the exact same details only i didnt put in a no claims bonus and it was €2200 :eek:

When it comes time to renew my policy i will definitely shop around, although i dont see any being cheaper than quinn with only 1 year no claims, If i had 3-5 years it may be beneficial to try a different insurer, i would say i will be sticking with quinn for another few years at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

My original policy was with Britton underwritten by Hibernian for €2k. I passed my test one month later and they gave me back ~€500. They're renewal quote for the following year was €1,800 :eek:
    Tescos (underwritten by the same company) gave me a quote of just over €1,000. I called Britton and told them the quote and they were able to match it. I assume it was down to some confusion in the system from passing my test, I'm sure an insurance company wouldn't risk their business with me by trying to shaft me....

Moral of the story, shop around.

Advertisement