Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-189* ISP number request

Options
  • 18-04-2006 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭

My father-in-law uses eircom.net as his free ISP, dialling 1891-150-150.
    As he has eircom talktime he'd like to use a non-1891 number.
    Does anyone know such a number for eircom.net (or another ISP)?
    He is in Killarney (though his talktime package incorporates calls throughout the country).

I have noted the numbers in a 2 yr old thread but want to see if there are any updates before I phone him with the info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I found the link for O2's dial up numbers after trawling through this forum. Too me ages to find it. Here:
    http://web.o2.ie/personal/help/connecting_to_the_internet/pc_laptop.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭Genghis

Cool. Was looking for a local number to call - free internet! Do you know if O2 offer free passwords too, or is it a subscription service. Also, do you need to be an O2 customer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

get a speakeasy sim card and register that online for an email addy.

Logon using a DUN username would be username@o2.ie and password.

Works a treat.

You don't need a mobine phone number even!:) There's an option on the registering page that allows you to do this. That's what I did. I'm with Vodafone.

Just use your username e.g. "username@o2.ie" and password in the dialup connect box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

the o2 website is changing soon so that you have to be a customer in order to have an account - i guess this is why bond-007 suggested that.

i think o2 have or are suspending their dialup internet aswell anyways ..

• Advertisement

I tried connecting last saturday and it worked.

Where did you hear this information, ciaranfo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

was talking to someone who used it and they were told by o2 that it was ending. its to do with the fact that you now need a valid number to have an account on their webby .. im told.

Advertisement