Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just lost an essay

Options
  • 18-04-2006 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Im so angry right now. Scraggs was beside me when i just lost an entire essay on the conclusion after working on it all day! ALL DAY! And like a complete tool i didnt save a thing. I hate essays, I hate archaeology. CRAP PANTS CRAP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

If you were writing in word check to see if any tmp files were saved. Don't open word. Just use file explorer to search. I'll post back with some links in a min....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Grimes wrote:
    Im so angry right now. Scraggs was beside me when i just lost an entire essay on the conclusion after working on it all day! ALL DAY! And like a complete tool i didnt save a thing. I hate essays, I hate archaeology. CRAP PANTS CRAP

You poor pet I fcuking hate when that happens, I lost a 3,000 word one when my laptop broke. Thats pants *hug*.

Word 2003: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827099
    Word 2002: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316951
    Word 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316950

If you had auto save on, there should be some of the essay left. If u never saved it, (Idiot btw) chances of recovery are low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

are you doing it on a college computer? it should be there somewhere, those yokes are set to autosave pretty often.

i ****ing hate hate hate when that happens though. it's such an awful feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

:eek:

aww man that's harsh :(

Try this: http://www.amset.info/tips/office-recovery.asp

Good luck mate!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

This happened the other week to the girl sitting beside me, it is possibly fixable, I got hers back. Try what those guys said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

happened me in first year 2,500 word essay....thank fcuk comp services got it back for me or i think i would have just quit college

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Ouch! thats not good :(, any luck on getting it back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Holy sh*t. Don't tell me you thought you had to press 'Deliver'? That ain't Deliver!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

what essay was it, i still have some 1st year archaeology essays saved you can have.

you are in 1st year right?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ferdi wrote:
    what essay was it, i still have some 1st year archaeology essays saved you can have.

you are in 1st year right?
    Plagarism!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Plagarism!
    Ha! Its plagiarism!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Blowfish wrote:
    Ha! Its plagiarism!

Ha! It's It's plagiarism!

This isn't the Spell Czech forum people!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Thanks for the help lads and ladies. No dice on getting a tmp file of the document so I started again. Its on the early european settlement of the chespeake area in the states. What a pain in the "LeCock Sportif". And yes I am a complete tool for not saving the work. Boo. Ill hand it in tomorrow with an apology and all the rest. And then ask for a form to do moda 1 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Grimes wrote:
    Its on the early european settlement of the chespeake area in the states.

I thought you wrote cheesecake for a sec. Mmm, cheesecake.

Grimes wrote:
    its on the early european settlement of the chespeake area in the states.:
    jayzus, i'm in 2nd arch and o'keefe just did chespeake with us today for the first time!

Blowfish wrote:
    Ha! Its plagiarism!
    I just walked home from college and I'm deadly serious here, it came to me that I left out the 'i' and it annoyed me on the way home!

I had chocolate cheesecake the other day. Amazing. Yeah doing chesapeake and its a right pain cause there are no text books on the subject. O'Keefe is doing the course and hes not so bad. Got the website off a mate www.chesapeakearchaeology.org and im smelling an A. Probably a good thing i DIDNT hand up the past essay

ah yeah o'keefe gave us that link.
    i think he's da bomb.

• Advertisement

he didnt give it to the first years :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Grimes wrote:
    I had nothing to do with this I was just a witness ...I'd just like to clarify..the OP sounds kinda incriminating!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Oh GOD! Did you not stand up in the Daedelus and scream to god

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME!!!?!?!??

it's what i'd do.

It was in the ITC

It did sound like that though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

open office is the chief................:D

I cant remember what I said? Did I curse alot in front of the enitre ITC?

Nah you just cried your little heart out.. and then we had to call your mammy in remember??

OH sorry eh I mean yeah you were all rugged and manly and cursed and stuff and everyone was like 'OMG oh no he didnt' and I was like 'oh yeah he did' etc. etc.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PaulDoh

Doing archaeology too. I haven't even started the essay yet - I think I'll hand it in in a week or so and just take the two week late penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Scraggs wrote:
    Nah you just cried your little heart out.. and then we had to call your mammy in remember??

OH sorry eh I mean yeah you were all rugged and manly and cursed and stuff and everyone was like 'OMG oh no he didnt' and I was like 'oh yeah he did' etc. etc.

:D
    lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Thats harsh man I would be really annoyed if that happened to me, by the way at least it won't happen again especially for 2nd and 3rd year with 3,500 word essays.I suppose you still have the notes you used to type out the essay with quotations from the book and so JUST DO IT!!!! with that continous assessment its a pain in the ass for like 30% for con ass you have to get 12% to pass.

Advertisement