Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your boat...

• 18-04-2006 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭

In an attempt to get more traffic going here maybe it'd be a good idea for everyone to put up a picture of their boats.
    I'll start:
    Our Puppeteer 330.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Here's my wee boat, built it myself from plans from Glen-L
    >>
    http://www.sum-it.biz/squirt/website/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Alkers

Looks amazing. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wellusee

Here's my wee boat, built it myself from plans from Glen-L
    >>
    http://www.sum-it.biz/squirt/website/

Hey ! thats a beautiful boat there any chance a gettin a copy of the plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wellusee

:rolleyes: Got some great ideas there have the rest . Ill just increase the size about one third because i have a 35hp engine . I might have a few more questions regarding the finishing later on. If you don't mind. Thanks.
    [:-)---

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Alkers

Anyone else? This could do with some traffic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I got my first boat this summer, a 17ft Pirate. I'll see if I can dig out a photo tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Panther 19SC 120HP Turbo Diesel :)

49529_2.jpg

49529_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Does that have a vauxhall engine? I think you posted this on another site. Looks like a comfortable boat. What sort of speed does it do? Would it be suitable for skiing etc?

astraboy wrote:
    Does that have a vauxhall engine? I think you posted this on another site. Looks like a comfortable boat. What sort of speed does it do? Would it be suitable for skiing etc?

Wouldn't really call it a Vauxhaul engine at this stage. It's based on the Vauxhaul engine though, then Isuzu made some improvments to it (head-gasket, injectors etc.) then Mercruiser marinised it and then Cummins warrantied it.

Yes its very comfortable for up to 6 people

It does 38Knots @ 4400RPM

Yes its suitable for skiing, I had 2 skiiers behind me one time, might give you an idea of the torque from the diesel engine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Mercruiser engines are great, I worked at a place with a searay 210 with a 5.0 v8 mercruiser engine in it. Class boat. The torque in a diesel engine would be a huge advantage, especially when pulling wakeboarders up out of the water etc. 38knots is quite fast!

• Advertisement

astraboy wrote:
    Mercruiser engines are great, I worked at a place with a searay 210 with a 5.0 v8 mercruiser engine in it. Class boat. The torque in a diesel engine would be a huge advantage, especially when pulling wakeboarders up out of the water etc. 38knots is quite fast!

Aye, nice speed considering theres a 2 berth cabin, lots of fuel, a toilet, sink, cooker etc. Lots of weight. The great thing about the diesel is that she only loses about 2knots overall speed with a full load of 6 people onboard

She's for sale too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭stifz

Hi Alt! :D

Go on the diesel!

I'll post up a pic of my own as soon as i get it from the yard! IT's been 8 months in restoring the mechanics - inboard 3ltr v6 with a hamilton jet drive! Hard to judge the age exactly but its around 75'.. Trouble is the mechanics look great but i've no cosmetic work done yet! Anyway i'll post them as she stands when i can. Im collecting it tomorrow and regardless of the weather i'll head straight for ennell and she what she can do!

hey boat builder - fantastic project well done. Very unique!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Yeh, absolutely amazing looking boatbuilder! Love that style, especially the finish on her..

Advertisement