Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping an Eircom number for "the look".

Options
  • 18-04-2006 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I was planning on renting two lines from eircom, one for fax and the other to give out as my work number but use someone like blueface for out going calls. I was thinking of doing this because I think the standard phone numbers look a bit better as a business number. Are any of the other telecom providers giving standard numbers related to the geographical area or is it all wierd lengths and prefixes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Blueface can give you a geographical number in the following are codes

01 Dublin
    051 Waterford
    091 Galway
    026 Macroom
    04168 Ardee
    0506 Tullamore
    021 Cork
    053 Wexford
    0617 Limerick
    07191 Sligo
    09066 Roscommon
    0914 Galway

They will also give you an 076 number, that is if you subscribe. Their pay as you go service does not assign you a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Blueface can give you a geographical number in the following are codes

01 Dublin
    051 Waterford
    091 Galway
    026 Macroom
    04168 Ardee
    0506 Tullamore
    021 Cork
    053 Wexford
    0617 Limerick
    07191 Sligo
    09066 Roscommon
    0914 Galway

They will also give you an 076 number, that is if you subscribe. Their pay as you go service does not assign you a number.

Nice one, that saves money and hassle. It's a pity though that nearly evrything I read about blueface just seems not quite good enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Another cool feature is that you can buy foreign geographical numbers too. So if you do a lot of business with folks in London, you can give them a "local" number to call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Can they map a say Galway number onto a country bumkin number? What would the cost be?

Advertisement