Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsigned Act-Wrecking Season

• 18-04-2006 6:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Ok lads I am posting up this link to gauge opinions.

A good friend of mine has just recorded these two tracks with his band for their first demo. They are called Wrecking Season and they come from Somerset in the south west of England.

Ok Linkage:

http://www.myspace.com/wreckingseason

I just want to get ure opinions be it good bad or in different.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

I am guessing they are just young fella's? If so, good effort, but the songs are let down by a poorly engineered recording.

First track has the potential to be a stormer, but needs a little more work. Its very rigid and linear, not much colour (in terms of dynamics) and the monotonic vocals arent helping things. But it is good.

Second track has the bed rock of bouncy raggae tinged punk, but I dont know if this was on purpose!it suffered from timing difficulties at the start, but nothing terminal. I could imagine hearing horns and the odd timbale flourish in my head whilst listening to it. The intro/looping riff could well be saved for another song, as it engages a slightly different feel to the rest of the track. Some minor adjustments on the drums would send the song trundling along.

Seeing as they are only together a year or so you could excuse all of the above. I think they could make a bit of a buzz for themselves, if they maybe tie down a few loose ends. For instance, there might be a conflict of tastes in the group, e.g. guitarists wants to put in metal riff, while bassist likes funky riffs, whereas other guitarist likes pop punk.
    But fcuk it, they are good for a band starting out and should develop something quite good. The song writing abilities will certainly progress as their own musical abilites progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Thanks bob for such a well detailed opinion.

Btw not to be licking your arse, but I have seen Roper play and ye rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Nice one Willem!, cheers man ;)

Advertisement