Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

On RTÉ Two 15:55 The Apartment followed by

2010 Oscar Nominated Shorts

Granny O'Grimm at 6:10 followed by The Door at 6:15 (Both co-funded by RTÉ if your wondering what the connection is).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

In The Loop on BBC (2 I think...) tonight at 10.
    Watch it, funniest comedy of last year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

Can't be on BBC2 at 10.

Match of the Day is on BBC2 around that time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

just started on bbc2 Henry V great cast

Goodfellas tonight on TG4 at 9:05.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Atonement is on RTE1 at 21:35. I haven't seen it yet, but it's won all those awards, so ..?

Also, Sky One is showing the original Wall Street again - better than I remembered, now that I understand more of what was going on.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Saturday:

Matinee:
    Suspicion, Hitchcock's 1941 thriller, BBC2 14:55. "Each time they kissed... there was the thrill of love... the threat of murder!"

Prime Time:
    Stardust, Channel 4, 7PM. They showed this last week too, and though it's a bit long, it's nice and weird. or:
    Miss Congeniality, TV3, 7PM. One of those films everyone should see, if only to understand why everyone loves Sandra Bullock and wants to give her awards. Michael Caine, Candice Bergen and William Shatner are also excellent.

Late Show:
    Cidade de Deus (City of God), CH4, 0:45 (Sunday morning). I haven't seen this, but it comes highly recommended.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Batman Begins

Ned Kelly

TV3 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Hate to plaguerise someone else's post, but for those who don't really look at the film review forum:

He's talking about Requiem For A Dream, if you haven't seen it you should check it out.
    Really good film very well put together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wild Hogs - a bunch of middle aged actors on bikes having a good/bad time

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0486946/

• Advertisement

The Green Mile is on TG4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Green Mile is on TG4

I hate this bit :( Poor Del :( Percy was such a bastard :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

What a load of shite.

I definitely going to watch it.

Qualen: I must say, you're a real piece of work.
    Gabe: I must say, you're a real piece of ****.

Some of Stallone's best work. ;)

Wait, are you saying that the film is a load of shIte?

Cliffhanger is one of the quintessential 90s action films which puts much modern action films to shame. It's near 2 hours of action perfection with some great kills, fantastic turns from Stallone, Rooker and Lithgow aswell as a great script.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Its got John Lithgow in it.

Mans a ****ing genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I'm certainly saying it's not the greatest film ever made.

It's crappy in a good way though.

Look at the effects. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Always kinda liked Cliffhanger.
    John Lithgow's great.
    For a guy who was synonymous with the 3rd Rock from the Sun character around the same time, he does a good job shaking it in this :D
    Stallone is quite watchable, scenery is great, some of the action sequences are pretty good.
    Just looked there, it gets an 83% RT rating, not bad.

RTÉ One The Eclipse 9:35pm

TV3 The Snapper 10pm

TG4 Intermission 9:40pm

Sky Movie Indy Once 8:25pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

tech77 wrote: »
    Always kinda liked Cliffhanger.
    John Lithgow's great.
    For a guy who was synonymous with the 3rd Rock from the Sun character around the same time, he does a good job shaking it in this :D
    Stallone is quite watchable, scenery is great, some of the action sequences are pretty good.
    Just looked there, it gets an 83% RT rating, not bad.

cliffhanger is one of the best action movies of the 90,s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Kes, tonight on ITV3 at 11.05 pm.

• Advertisement

Igby Goes Down at 01.45 on UTV

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

The De-pah-ded is on C4 now

Road to Perdition is on: Channel4, 22:05. Tom Hanks is excellent, and it features one of Jude Law's best performances. (He's actually playing a character this time, instead of a thinly disguised version of his annoying self.)

The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada, BBC2, 23:00. I can highly recommend this: Tommy Lee Jones directs and stars in a story about a dead body. What could possibly go wrong?

Don't Look Now (1973) is on UTV at 0:55. I haven't seen it, but I've heard it really freaks some people out... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

'Dont look now' great little film:eek::confused::)

Some Mother's Son

and

The Clearing

on TV3 tonight

ITV4 classic crime week

Monday - Goodfellas 11pm
    Tueaday - Scarface 10 pm
    Wednesday - Goodfellas 10 pm
    Thursday - Falling Down/McVicar double bill from 9 pm
    Friday - The Sting, Scarface from 8 pm

Capricorn One is on BBC1 at about midnight, bet its aged like crazy but its a bit of a laugh.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077294/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

4 brothers rte 1 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

mike65 wrote: »
    Capricorn One is on BBC1 at about midnight, bet its aged like crazy but its a bit of a laugh.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077294/

Love this film, its in the so-bad-its-good category. Its years since its been on telly and I had to search high and low to find it on DVD (which I did, for a fiver, on Play.com many years ago)

Armageddon on BBC3 at 9pm BTW

• Advertisement

BBC2 is showing Mrs. Brown at 20:30. Not the most exciting of films, but some excellent performances from Judi Dench (Queen Victoria) and Billy Connolly (Mr. Brown). Brown is the Queen's blunt-spoken ghillie (horseman), determined to drag her out of her mourning by getting her to ride, and ruffling quite a few Victorian feathers in the process.

Walk The Line (Ch4 21:00): the Johnny Cash biopic with Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon. I haven't seen it, but it won an award ...

Advertisement