Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Training Day is on TV3 now - 21:00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

The human Centipede is on on the SyFy channel tonight at 10PM. A controversial oddity that might be of interest to some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Blimey they got that quickly...

Slightly more cerebral fare on filmfour 1:40am - Double Take. Alfred Hitchock, the Birds and the Cold War all meshed together in this intriguing documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Saturday night. Taken Channel 4. 9pm

If you haven't seen this film starring Liam Neeson, watch it. Brilliant movie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Cookie33 wrote: »
    Saturday night. Taken Channel 4. 9pm

If you haven't seen this film starring Liam Neeson, watch it. Brilliant movie

I am Liam Neeson. I will find you. And I will kill you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Little Miss Sunshine on Film4 tonight; well worth a look. Steve Carell in subtle mode and Alan Arkin as a heroin addict.

djkeogh wrote: »
    The human Centipede is on on the SyFy channel tonight at 10PM. A controversial oddity that might be of interest to some.

That was ****ing sick! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Death Race (new one with Jason Statham) on TV3 now

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

Memento is on Film4 tonight at 10.40pm.

A bit late but Schindlers's list is on ITV3 now started @ 23:05 .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

Zodiac is on TG4 tonight at 9.30pm and The Proposition is on Film4 at 11.35pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Walk The Line is on RTE1 tonight at 10.15 if anybody is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If you get 3e, they have Do The Right Thing at 10PM Saturday. This is possibly Spike Lee's finest film, about racial tensions in Brooklyn on a hot summer day that leads to violence. It also has some of the most hilarious swearing and racial insults I've ever heard, most of which I can't quote here. :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Horror Channel 22.55/23.55

A Bay of Blood (1971) aka Twitch of the Death Nerve. The original slasher movie from Mario Bava at his bloodiest (or I hope so anyway!) 81 mins long with 13 murders, can't go too far wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

V for Vendetta is on tonight at 22:00 on BBC2. Quality film.

Anyone seen Taken?? It's on tonight at 22:00 on Channel 4, leaning towards it becasue I haven't seen it before, unless anyone has any opinions on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

THFC wrote: »
    V for Vendetta is on tonight at 22:00 on BBC2. Quality film.

Anyone seen Taken?? It's on tonight at 22:00 on Channel 4, leaning towards it becasue I haven't seen it before, unless anyone has any opinions on it?

Love Taken myself and so did 5/6 other people i know who've watched it. Switch off your brain and be entertained for 90mins. Wont win any oscars but good fun.

Blue Thunder is on RTE Two at 1am. I saw this a long time ago - 80s - but I have fond memories of it as a fun techno-thriller. If the makers could see the kinds of technology we have these days ... ouch.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

anything on tonight worth watching? im sick and unwell and was so bored i watched the Matrix AGAIN last night sheesh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

cosmicfart wrote: »
    anything on tonight worth watching? im sick and unwell and was so bored i watched the Matrix AGAIN last night sheesh :(

Full Metal Jacket RTÉ Two 00:20
    Gladiator Sky 1 21:00
    The Outlaw BBC 4 22:00
    The Bourne Supremacy ITV 2 22:30

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Tropic Thunder on RTE1 at 9.35 tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

zerks wrote: »
    Tropic Thunder on RTE1 at 9.35 tonight.

Strangest choice of movie for Paddy's Day???

The Quiet Man 17:25 TG4
    Mickybo and Me 21:00 TV3
    The Ballroom of Romance 22:05 TG4

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Children of Men ITV4 10:35pm tonight
    The Last Samurai ITV2 10:45pm tonight

BBC2 is putting on a Powell & Pressberger double bill today:
    • 12:45: The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp (1943): I haven't seen this yet, but I've heard only good things about it: a doddering old military officer looks back on a very interesting career, one not without its share of controversy.
    • 15:20: The Red Shoes (1948): possibly their most famous film, about a ballerina's descent in to madness. If you read any reviews of Black Swan you almost certainly saw this film mentioned, and while I enjoyed the new film, I think the older film is superior in almost every respect.

The Burb's is on ITV4 @ 18:00,brilliant film :D

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

bnt wrote: »
    BBC2 is putting on a Powell & Pressberger double bill today:
    • 12:45: The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp (1943): I haven't seen this yet, but I've heard only good things about it: a doddering old military officer looks back on a very interesting career, one not without its share of controversy.
    • 15:20: The Red Shoes (1948): possibly their most famous film, about a ballerina's descent in to madness. If you read any reviews of Black Swan you almost certainly saw this film mentioned, and while I enjoyed the new film, I think the older film is superior in almost every respect.

Thanks for the tip, watching these now! They were both on a Sunday Times list of best movies the other week, had never heard of the first one before but it's pretty good.

Tigerland is on tonight on Film4 at 10.50pm. It's one of the few American roles I like Colin Farrell in (I think he's usually miles better in Irish/British films) and it was his break-out role as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Watching The Rock on RTE2 now. I had forgotten how utterly preposterous this film is.

ITV3 00.10 - 2.20 am

Murder by Decree (1978) Christopher Plummer, James Mason, David Hemmings, Anthony Quayle, John Gielgud, Frank Finlay, Donald Sutherland, Geneviève Bujold in entertaing Sherlock Holmes/Jack the Ripper adventure. Frankly thats a cast to kill for.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/murder_by_decree/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Watching The Rock on RTE2 now. I had forgotten how utterly preposterous this film is.

Do you mean that in a bad way? The Rock is one of the films that I nearly always watch when it's on, probably my favorite one of those films.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Masked Man wrote: »
    Do you mean that in a bad way? The Rock is one of the films that I nearly always watch when it's on, probably my favorite one of those films.
    Good way. It's deliberately cheesy and it works. Although I'm not sure I would have liked the film as much if not for Connery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rescue Dawn is on RTE 2 late tonight

Advertisement