Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

William and Kate: The Untold Story on TV3 tonight at 9pm :p
    (2011, General Movie/Drama) Premiere. Fact-based drama about the relationship between Prince William and Kate Middleton, from their first meeting during their university years through to their engagement, all in the face of social pressure and media attention. Starring Nico Evers-Swindell, Camilla Luddington, Ben Cross and Serena Scott Thomas.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    William and Kate: The Untold Story on TV3 tonight at 9pm :p

I looks very anti-British too just because it looks so kitch

http://www.tv3.ie/movies.php?tv3=1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

There goes the afternoon: Citizen Kane on BBC2, 12:15PM. One of those films everyone is supposed to have in their collections, but I last saw it some time in the mid-90s, before I learned to appreciate film properly. I keep meaning to get back to it, and it looks like today is the day. (edit: May 1 is the 70th anniversary of its release.)

Followed immediately by more Orson Welles: The Magnificent Ambersons (BBC2, 2:15PM) - which I have never seen but is regarded as another of the director's masterpieces.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Bit late but Close Encounters is on RTÉ Two NOW

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

bnt wrote: »
    Followed immediately by more Orson Welles: The Magnificent Ambersons (BBC2, 2:15PM) - which I have never seen but is regarded as another of the director's masterpieces.
    Would-be masterpiece. It was utterly butchered by the studio (RKO) who cut out about 50 minutes and reshot many scenes. Then a few months later they burned all the missing footage to free up storage space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Football Factory on tonight at 23.10 I think on C4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Waltz with Bashir on RTÉ2 tonight at 11.40 pm.
    One night at a bar, an old friend tells director Ari about a recurring nightmare in which he is chased by 26 vicious dogs. Every night, the same number of beasts. The two men conclude that there's a connection to their Israeli Army mission in the first Lebanon War of the early eighties. Ari is surprised that he can't remember a thing anymore about that period of his life. Intrigued by this riddle, he decides to meet and interview old friends and comrades around the world. He needs to discover the truth about that time and about himself. As Ari delves deeper and deeper into the mystery, his memory begins to creep up in surreal images.

Haven't seen this myself but heard/read good things.

If you're up late: Lawn Dogs, BBC2, 12:40am. It's about a lonely girl (a young Mischa Barton) living in suburbia, who becomes friends with a local landscaper (Sam Rockwell), which is innocent but has dire consequences.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

knocked up on TV3 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Sleepers is on TV3 tonight @ 21:00

• Advertisement

I Am Legend Tonight TG4 at 10pm.

Elmo wrote: »
    Just started watching this, and my mental alarm bells are going off in the first few seconds: Dr. Krippen? Talk about a loaded name ..! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

The only reason I watch it is for the dog. Sad but true :o

swiftblade wrote: »
    The only reason I watch it is for the dog. Sad but true :o

Poor Doggy.

I didn't think it was as bad the first time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Aliens starting now on Film 4 +1.

Once Upon A Time In The West
    Tonight 21:10
    TG4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Once Upon A Time In The West
    Tonight 21:10
    TG4

Just saw it there. My favourite movie of all time. Absolutely brilliant movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just flicked it on, the picture is awful. Its not even in proper widescreen.

Tōkyō Sonata (2008) is on RTE Two, 11:20 PM. I saw this at the IFI a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. It has a slightly depressing context - the recession and unemployment in Japan - but it doesn't dwell on that situation as such. Instead, the implications are explored through some unusual events and their consequences, and the resilience people have to muddle on through when the dust clears.

Sweet Home Alabama on RTE 1 tonight 9.30pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sweet Home Alabama on RTE 1 tonight 9.30pm

Is that good?:confused:

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Brilliant.

Did ya watch it? It's Witherspoons highest grossing film.

It's a romcom but one of the better ones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Fair play, didn't watch it and haven't seen it.
    Never would have guesses it was decent though. I'll keep an eye out for it the next time.

Fair play, didn't watch it and haven't seen it.
    Never would have guesses it was decent though. I'll keep an eye out for it the next time.
    Including tonight, I've surely seen it 7 times.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Jagged Edge is on at midnight tonight on RTE 1.

A really good thriller that will leave you guessing all the way to the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Mott The Hoople

Sorry I'm new to this: but a tad of a film buff - movies on TV interested me, sadly I own just about everything on DVD - I'm one of those sados that watches film morning noon and night - favourite film at the moment is "A Mighty Wind," directed by Christopher Guest (Nigel Spinal Tap). Brilliant satire.:D

Jagged Edge is on at midnight tonight on RTE 1.

A really good thriller that will leave you guessing all the way to the end.

Yeah just rewatched it there was trying to figure out did I know when I first watched it, and would someone guess the ending now?

Lot of Uhhhs and Ahhhs from the Court Room "Audience", I don't think that would happen in Court Room Movies nowadays but it was far better then "The Lincoln Lawyer". She turns out to be such a bitch in "Damages" in the end.
    Sorry I'm new to this: but a tad of a film buff - movies on TV interested me, sadly I own just about everything on DVD - I'm one of those sados that watches film morning noon and night - favourite film at the moment is "A Mighty Wind," directed by Christopher Guest (Nigel Spinal Tap). Brilliant satire.

Welcome.

Cinderella Man is on BBC2 at 22.30.

Stupid name, good film. Russell Crowe is in it. Boxing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Blazing Saddles is on TCM tonight @ 23:20 :D

Advertisement