Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Wimbledon starting now on utv

good romantic comedy

People watching that in other room while I watched "inside man" on ITV2, the film about the perfect bank robbery. The film was as perfect as the bank robbery, worth watching the second time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Trading Places CH4 @ 23.15......Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd.
    A snobbish investor and a wily street con artist find their positions reversed as part of a bet by two callous millionaires.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Basket case is on the Horror Channel + 1 at 12. It's well worth a watch. It's about a guy who carries his brother around in a basket and when you see him he'll be etched in your mind for weeks. :P His scream is deeply unsettling.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Malice is on TV3 on Thursday the 30th of June 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

O' Horten is on RTE2 at 11:55PM: quirky little Norwegian comedy about a train driver trying to deal with retirement. It's a very dry, witty film, and the humour is subtle - no deep meanings to extract, just a serious of surreally interesting events and a happy ending of sorts. The O' is short for "Odd" - it's a real Norwegian name, though I suspect the writers knew what it means in English too ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

First time mention for Setanta Sports Ireland. They will be broadcasting Irish movies at 9 each night over the following summer months.

http://www.iftn.ie/news/?act1=record&only=1&aid=73&rid=4284031&tpl=archnews&force=1

Available free on UPC and Sky. UPC customers have access to the channel on all packages including the Analogue service (do a manual tune if you still don't have their digital package). And FTV on Sky channel 423.

Good thing I can stay at home today: Paths of Glory, Ch4, 1:30PM. This is the film Stanley Kubrick made immediately before Spartacus, and also stars Kirk Douglas. I haven't seen it yet, but I think it would be recommended to me: #49 on the IMDB Top 250, and it's on Ebert's Great Movies list.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

John Wayne and Jimmy Stewart star in the John Ford film The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence on TG4 at 9.30 p.m. tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

Total Recall, Sky 1, now (22:00).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Garage RTE 1 now...

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Wild Strawberries
    Film4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Borat @ 9pm Film4

• Registered Users Posts: 15,273 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Lord of War on BBC 1 tonight at 11.35pm.

Top film. I was going to buy the Blu Ray only yesterday but I think I'll just record it ad free on BBC HD :).

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

The Beach @ 11.10pm Film4

Very good Leo DiCaprico film

Backdraft with Kurt Russell starting now UTV.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Lord of War on BBC 1 tonight at 11.35pm.

Top film. I was going to buy the Blu Ray only yesterday but I think I'll just record it ad free on BBC HD :).
    Good film, some funny bits aswell.

Tonight at 9PM you have a choice of asteroid disaster movies: Deep Impact (TV3) or Armageddon (Sky1). Which would I recommend?

I prefer the former: more scientifically accurate (though not totally), with a better class of cast (Téa Leoni, Robert Duvall, Elijah Wood, Morgan Freeman), and no bloody Aerosmith! :cool:

bnt wrote: »
    Tonight at 9PM you have a choice of asteroid disaster movies: Deep Impact (TV3) or Armageddon (Sky1). Which would I recommend?

I prefer the former: more scientifically accurate (though not totally), with a better class of cast (Téa Leoni, Robert Duvall, Elijah Wood, Morgan Freeman), and no bloody Aerosmith! :cool:

You tube video just for that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

The Jerk is on ITV4 at 9pm, excellent comedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭BQQ

D.A.R.Y.L is good family/kids movie 14:35 RTE 2

Licence to Kill - underrated bond movie. Dropped the corny one-liners and gadgets to make a more realistic spy movie. reminds me of bourne identity
    UTV 15:55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

choke, on tonight 00;30, rte2

from the guy who wrote 'fight club'

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Gangs Of New York followed by Infernal Affairs 2 on Channel 4 from 10pm

Simpsons movie justed started on Channel 4+1 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Inside man is on RTE1 tonight @ 21:35

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Inside man is on RTE1 tonight @ 21:35

On at 22.35 now :(

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    On at 22.35 now :(

Special Prime Time AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

The Prestige is on tonight (Friday) at 11:40 on RTE 2. Great film!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Memento is on Film 4 at 11. Quality Christopher Nolan film starring Guy Pearce

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Classic western The Searchers is on TG4 tonight at 21.40.

• Advertisement

Memento is on Film 4 at 11. Quality Christopher Nolan film starring Guy Pearce
    Head wrecking film.

Advertisement