Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

The Prestige is on right now on rte two. Unbelievable film!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Taxi Driver RTE 2 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Terminator 2: Judgement Day is on ITV2 tonight at 11:00 p.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Taxi Driver on RTE 2 starting in a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

The money pit started 15mins ago on bbc1..........AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, missed the start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Head wrecking film.
    Watched it twice. Got a nosebleed both times.

Unforgiven (western - 1992) - TCM, 22:55 tonight.

"Deservin's got nothin' to do with it."

Clint Eastwood's finest cowboy since High Plains Drifter.

Kind of like The Terminator - with horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Watched it twice. Got a nosebleed both times.

Unforgiven (western - 1992) - TCM, 22:55 tonight.

"Deservin's got nothin' to do with it."

Clint Eastwood's finest cowboy since High Plains Drifter.

Kind of like The Terminator - with horses.

William Munny is one bad-ass mother****er!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

TG4, 9:30PM: A Scanner Darkly. Richard Linklater's Rotoscoped take on the Phillip K Dick story about a dystopian future in which drugs are everywhere, and so is government surveillance. With Keanu Reeves, Winona Ryder, Woody Harrelson, Robert Downey, Jr. If you thought The Prestige was Head-Wrecking, you're in for a treat ... or a trick. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

RTE2, 11:50PM: The Lives of Others, about a secret policeman in 1980s East Germany, and how he envied the exciting lives of the "dissidents" he monitored. Winner of an Oscar (Best Foreign Language Film) & BAFTA. I saw it for the first time fairly recently, and the sheer greyness of East Germany was horrific. There is some humour e.g.
    that prostitute :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

bnt wrote: »
    RTE2, 11:50PM: The Lives of Others, about a secret policeman in 1980s East Germany, and how he envied the exciting lives of the "dissidents" he monitored. Winner of an Oscar (Best Foreign Language Film) & BAFTA. I saw it for the first time fairly recently, and the sheer greyness of East Germany was horrific. There is some humour e.g.
    that prostitute :eek:
    Second that choice. It's an excellent movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,273 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Looks like I've missed the first 20 minutes of The Lives of Others. I've seen it twice already though, fantastic film. Love the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Top Gun on E4 at 11.10pm or catch it on E4+1 later.

Have Live of Others recorded thanks to this thread hopefuly its worth a viewing.

Top Gun:D at 23.10 on E4.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Have Live of Others recorded thanks to this thread hopefuly its worth a viewing.

It's a great movie, well worth the watch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The Lives of Others is brilliant. Probably the best film of 2006. Far superior to most of the films that got nominated for Best Picture that year (Little Miss Sunshine, The Queen, Letters from Iwo Jima, etc). But at least it got Best Foreign Film.

Just finished watching it there and cheers for the recommendation its is a great film and well worth a watch. Only problem is anytime I watch a foreign language film I always wish I could speak the language always feel part of it gets lost in the subtitles i.e dialogue not being word for word, only gripe lol but some of the best films ive seen have been subtitled.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Thomas McCarthy's The Visitor on RTE 2 tonight at 11.10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Blade Runner is on BBC 2 tonight at 11:05, the Final Cut version. It's followed by Dangerous Days: On The Edge of Blade Runner at 12:55, which is a documentary on the Cult film.

Fear TV3 @Midnight. Mark Wahlberg and William Peterson.
    A 16 year old girl takes up with a charming young man who quickly shows his colors when he beats a friend simply for walking with her and then goes totally ballistic after she tries to break up with him.

The Last Boy Scout started at 22.35, Bruce Willis. Missed it.:(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

SHÃŽTE!
    Bladerunner's been on for the past hour on BBC Two

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

bertie4evr wrote: »
    SHÃŽTE!

Yea I missed the first 45 minutes! Bloody parents watchin Taggart. Is this that newer cut they braught out a few years back? There seems to be scenes in it that I don't remember at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    bertie4evr wrote: »
    SHÎTE!

Yea I missed the first 45 minutes! Bloody parents watchin Taggart. Is this that newer cut they braught out a few years back? There seems to be scenes in it that I don't remember at all.

I think so.

Fear TV3 @Midnight. Mark Wahlberg and William Peterson.

The Last Boy Scout started at 22.35, Bruce Willis. Missed it.:(:mad:
    Fear starting now, half an hour late.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Die Hard is on tonight on TV3 at 9:15 p.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Flashgordon197

have read so many inaccurate statements about what its like to be a teacher in Ireland and seen so many idolised Hollywood films about teachers ie "Dead poets society" "Mona Lisa Smile" that I had almost given up hope about finding a film that accurately depicts teaching in a modern tough school. But along came "The class" a French film- yes but it might as well have been shot in Ireland for its accurate depiction of real life teaching.

The actors are unknowns-real students and I think real teachers but you get more on this link

The Class (2008 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Rope is on More 4 now. Hitchcock classic with James Stewart. Well worth seeing.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The Evil Dead is on SyFy tonight at 10 with Ny Name Is Bruce straight after.

My Name Is Bruce ain't great really but worth a watch if you're a fan of the chin.

Superman 1 & 2 are being shown back to back on TCM also. The first one just finished but they're both on again starting at 8 on TCM 2.

Plus Kevin Smith's Dogma on E4 at 10PM:
    "Anyone who isn't dead or from another plane of existence would do well to cover their ears right about now." :cool:

Eagle Eye BBC1 now.
    Jerry and Rachel are two strangers thrown together by a mysterious phone call from a woman they have never met. Threatening their lives and family, she pushes Jerry and Rachel into a series of increasingly dangerous situations, using the technology of everyday life to track and control their every move.

• Advertisement

Daylight @23.15 on UTV. Slyvester Stallone.

OR

Midnight Run @ 00.50 on RTE1

Click the link and see who's in it. Very good.

Advertisement