Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Kojak wrote: »
    Die Hard is on tonight on TV3 at 9:15 p.m.

Best christmas movie ever.

Anyone else think that action movie just aren't as good anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Adam and Paul is on BBC 2 at 1:35

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

National Lampoon's European Vacation on RTE 2 now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The best thing Bob DeNiro touched in the last 25 years. On right now. RTE1

Regards
    Alonzo Mosely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Seraphim Falls, BBC2 at 23.00, the Irish lads are shining here with Liam Neeson and Pierce Brosnan, this is a great chase movie, good bit with a knife in it.

Beverly Hills Cop, CH4 at 23.30

Pathfinder, RTE 2 at 01.40??????? Good Film at a stupid hour.
    A Viking boy is left behind after his clan battles a Native American tribe. Raised within the tribe, he ultimately tries to become their savior in a fight against the Norsemen when they return years later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Blindside is doin the rounds on sky movies, Beautiful film.

Lakeview Terrace on RTE 1 tonight 9.30

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If you get Film4: MASH is on at 11:10PM. This is the original Oscar-winning film by Robert Altman, with Donald Sutherland, Elliot Gould, Sally Kellerman & Robert Duvall. If all you know about MASH is the TV series with Alan Alda, you owe it yourself to see the film. The "Last Supper" has to be one of my favourite scenes in any film I've seen. :pac:

trivia: Robert's son Mike Altman wrote the lyrics to the theme song Suicide is Painless when he was just 14, and it made him a millionaire.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If anyone feels like pulling a late one Grave of the Fireflies is on Film 4 at 1:25am right after M*A*S*H. It's a pretty harrowing animated movie from Studio Ghibli, worth taping(do people still do that??) if yer not staying up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭nicecupotay

Perfume?.......is it any good?
    Saw a trailer for it earlier,looked like it could be interesting,the kids were screaming in the background so didn't catch any of the dialogue:D
    Its going to be on RTE on Sunday night,worth a watch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Perfume?.......is it any good?
    Saw a trailer for it earlier,looked like it could be interesting,the kids were screaming in the background so didn't catch any of the dialogue:D
    Its going to be on RTE on Sunday night,worth a watch?

Its a very good film. I'd give it a 7/8 out of 10. It's quite an unusual idea but it's a well told story. Plus Alan Rickman and his amazing voice are in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭nicecupotay

Its going to be on RTE on Sunday night

Its actually on Saturday Night in case anyone else is going to be watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Lost in Translation is on Film4 now.

Carrie is on Film4 tomorrow at 11:10pm

One of the my favourite films is on at 12:45, RTE1: Witness. Harrison Ford plays a Philadelphia cop who has to go on the run in to Amish country, and gets somewhat involved with the locals - including a luminous Kelly McGillis.

Before Pirates of the Caribbean there was Cutthroat Island (12:15, RTE2): Renny Harlin directing Geena Davis in a pirate adventure story with lots of stunts and explosions. It got panned by the critics, bombed at the box office, and did bad things to production company Carolco and Davis & Harlin's careers - but I quite liked it. (I do have a soft spot for Geena, though!) If you come back from the pub and need something to watch, this'll do nicely. (Neighbours? What neighbours? Turn it up!) :D

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

bnt wrote: »
    One of the my favourite films is on at 12:45, RTE1: Witness. Harrison Ford plays a Philadelphia cop who has to go on the run in to Amish country, and gets somewhat involved with the locals - including a luminous Kelly McGillis.

+1 on that havent seen it in a few years but stumbled across it a few years ago by mistake on tv one night and really enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Bank Job on Film Four 9 pm/10pm true life crime drama set in 1971 London.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Welcome to the Jungle(AKA The Rundown) just started on TV3. It's an action movie with The Rock and Sean William Scott and its a lot better than it has any right to be. Good fun action flick.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Welcome to the Jungle(AKA The Rundown) just started on TV3. It's an action movie with The Rock and Sean William Scott and its a lot better than it has any right to be. Good fun action flick.
    White men can't jump on after it.

I like the bit where they build the barn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

have read so many inaccurate statements about what its like to be a teacher in Ireland and seen so many idolised Hollywood films about teachers ie "Dead poets society" "Mona Lisa Smile" that I had almost given up hope about finding a film that accurately depicts teaching in a modern tough school. But along came "The class" a French film- yes but it might as well have been shot in Ireland for its accurate depiction of real life teaching.

The actors are unknowns-real students and I think real teachers but you get more on this link

The Class (2008 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Recorded that, sounds good, will probably watch tonight.
    Also recorded.

Trees Lounge, BBC2, 12:35 tonight.

Life pisses all over "loser", Steve Buscemi.

Very watchable film. Buscemi - as ever - is brilliant.

• Advertisement

Trees Lounge, BBC2, 12:35 tonight.

Life pisses all over "loser", Steve Buscemi.

Very watchable film. Buscemi - as ever - is brilliant.

Ah I saw that back when it came out, great little film, Buscemi also directed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

The Conformist is on Sky Arts 2 (sky channel 245) tonight at 10pm.

The Living Daylights on rte 2 now, one of the Timothy Dalton bond movies.

By the way, in case anyone's wondering how they can check the schedules way in advance, the site I use is http://www.tvguide.co.uk/ . You can customise the schedule to show only the channels you have and the time shown on screen (3, 6, 9 hours), as well as look at a single channel in detail over multiple days. For BBC, select the NI channels, since that's what we get here - there are regional variations.

If you missed the Japanese film Departures when it was on before, it's on Film4 again tonight (10:50pm). I thought it was great, but the Cello thing is a bit of a cliché IMHO: it's practically code for "Look At Me, I'm Arty". :pac:

Even better, though, is the animated remake of Metropolis, which is on at 11AM on Thursday and 5:05PM next Monday (according to the TV Guide). The animation is stunning, and the story pretty hair-raising.

The Bourne Supremacy RTE 1 tonight 9.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stwome01

Two worth a mention on RTE2 on Friday night.

"Frost/Nixon" RTE2 FRI 5th Aug 9:00pm Category Drama
    "In to the Wild" RTE2 SAT 6th Aug 12:10am Category Drama

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Anyway this can be a sticky in the TV forum as well?

seven on alibi at 10
    paycheck on bbc1 at 23.45. Ben Affleck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Rising Sun more4@10.00

sean connery & wesley snipes

Advertisement