Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wedding Crashers 9pm RTE 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Horror Channel 00.45 hrs Grindhouse Classic Trailers (or possible Grindhouse Trailer Classics)
    should be a hoot.

here is a hint (actually Volume 2)

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v19569882Xs7yAJge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Last Boyscout is on now on TV3!!! 20 minutes in though....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Channel 4 is showing Four Lions at 9PM: previous thread on it here. A satirical comedy about suicide bombers in London ...

Too heavy? UTV, 10:45PM: Serenity. The movie spin-off from the SF series Firefly.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Four Lions is really good. I'd definitely recommend it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Definitely the funniest film about suicide bombers you'll ever see!

The Golden Chid on CH4 at 13.35

Eddie Murphy.

Street Kings CH4 now. Keanu Reeves.

Almost forgot - Persepolis is on Film4 tonight, 11PM. Animated true story about a girl growing up in Iran after the 1979 Revolution. I saw it a couple of years ago - gripping stuff. A bit messy, but life's like that. ;)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Aliens on Channel 4 at 11.05pm.:cool:

A few interesting films on very late tonight:
    Rosemary's Baby (Film4, 11:05pm) - Roman Polanski's psychological horror film with Mia Farrow
    The Exorcist (TV3, 12:50am) - needs no introduction.
    Garden State (CH4, 1:20am) - quirky indie movie, directed by & starring Zach Braff with Natalie Portman

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

Some more stuff on late tonight, Exiled is on BBC2 at 1.45am and Barry Lyndon is on RTE1 at 2.30am.

A good one on late: Michael Clayton, BBC1, 12:05am

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

bnt wrote: »
    A good one on late: Michael Clayton, BBC1, 12:05am

I think it's actually on at 11:05!!

Hmm. I was looking at http://www.tvguide.co.uk/ , which definitely said 12:05, and still does. That's with BBC N.Ireland selected, which is what we get here.

Another film at 12:05am, this time on BBC2: Tootsie. These days cross-dressing is passe, but this is a great comedy drama about an actor who finds he does his best work, on a soap opera, as a woman - and the personal consequences of his success in that role. Dustin Hoffman is convincing, and should have got the Oscar IMHO.

Hmm. I was looking at http://www.tvguide.co.uk/ , which definitely said 12:05, and still does. That's with BBC N.Ireland selected, which is what we get here.

Ah right fair enough, it might not be the N. Ireland one I get, was definitley on at 11:05 on my one :o

Didn't get to watch it anyway because of my flatmate watching that bloody tv show that just shows youtube clips on E4 :mad:

Se7en is on TV3 at 22.00

MUCH BETTER than the shi*....

Departed on CH4 at 22.20

BUT NEITHER are as good as..........

Ferris Bueller's Day Off on RTE2 at 00.05.:rolleyes: RTE IDIOTS

WHICH IS preceded by the woeful

Watchmen at 21.15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Ferris Bueller's Day Off on RTE2 at 00.05.:rolleyes:

I really can't understand why it's on so late. It's pretty much the perfect matinee. Definitely not a late night film.

Slither is on Film-Four at 11. Highly underrated horror/comedy from Super director James Gunn, starring Nathan Fillion.

• Advertisement

TG4 Sat 22:35: American Beauty. If you haven't seen this, you ought to. Kevin Spacey and Annette Bening are on top form, Thora Birch is startling, Mena Suvari is scary, and it's also where writer Alan Ball and director Sam Mendes, made their stage reputations work on film. It has its detractors, but I'm not one of them.

I must mention the stunning cinematography too - veteran Conrad Hall winning his second Oscar 30 years after his first (Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid), and he'd score another a couple of years later for his last film, Road to Perdition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

TG4 Sat 22:35: American Beauty. If you haven't seen this, you ought to. Kevin Spacey and Annette Bening are on top form, Thora Birch is startling, Mena Suvari is scary, and it's also where writer Alan Ball and director Sam Mendes, made their stage reputations work on film. It has its detractors, but I'm not one of them.

I must mention the stunning cinematography too - veteran Conrad Hall winning his second Oscar 30 years after his first (Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid), and he'd score another a couple of years later for his last film, Road to Perdition.

Great film. Thomas Newman composed a superb soundtrack also. It has some truly magical moments. Kevin Spacey as usual is brilliant. No surprise that he was voted the top actor of the nineties by some magazines. Glengarry Glen Ross, Usual Suspects, Seven, L. A. Confidential, and this almost tops them all in terms of performances.

Just noticed - Drop Dead Gorgeous is on BBC2, 0:45. If you like Black Comedy, there aren't many blacker than this. With Denise Richards, Kirsten Dunst, Ellen Barkin & Kirstie Alley. It follows a teenage beauty pageant in which some of the contestants are very competitive. :eek:

X-Men Origins:Wolverine on CH4 @ 18.50.
    Two mutant brothers, Logan and Victor, born 200 years ago, suffer childhood trauma and have only each other to depend on. Basically, they're fighters and killers, living from war to war through U.S. history. In modern times, a U.S. colonel, Stryker, recruits them and other mutants as commandos. Logan quits and becomes a logger, falling in love with a local teacher. When Logan refuses to rejoin Stryker's crew, the colonel sends the murderous Victor. Logan now wants revenge.

Good film though personally I think every Marvel Film was butchered.

BUT....Mrs Doubtfire is on CH5 @ 17.05 :) (Haven't seen this in....it must be 14 years, I wonder is it as good as I remember.)

Jebus man, Wolverine is bloody awful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭PunkFreud

Channel 4 are having some sort of western week with some classics on in the afternoon. No harm in recording a few of them.

Monday 1.05pm: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Tuesday 12.55pm: Shane

Wednesday 12.40pm: The Magnificent Seven

Thursday 1.05pm: Rio Grande

Friday 12.10pm: Cheyenne Autumn

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

Bullitt is on Alibi tonight at 9pm and the original Norwegian version of Insomnia is on Sky Arts 2 at 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Days of Glory
    (2006, War) Four Algerian soldiers put their lives on the line to help the French army during the Second World War. Despite their bravery and sacrifice, the men's presence is met with contempt, and they are treated as lesser beings because of their race. Drama, starring Jamel Debbouze, Samy Naceri, Roschdy Zem and Sami Bouajila. In French and Arabic.
    On tonight @ 23.30 RTÉ2

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Con Air is on BBC 3 at 22.00--- put the bunny back in the box!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Liar Liar starting now RTE1, change in the listings cuz RTE thought people wanted to see the Presidential nominations talking ****e... I wonder did any of them admit that they just want the Job for the Money and free House.

Advertisement