Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

mike65 wrote: »
    Billion Dollar Brain (1967) 4.50 pm ITV4

That's tomorrow Saturday 5th Oct. and repeated Sunday 6th at 1.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

The Verdict
    RTE1 1.15am (tonight/tomorrow morning)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

DeepBlue wrote: »
    The Verdict
    RTE1 1.15am (tonight/tomorrow morning)

Bruce Willis has an uncredited background appearance as an extra, in one of his first film appearances.
    After the verdict is read for the plaintiff
    , Willis can be seen to the left of Paul Newman's head and can be seen smiling. Another notable star in this very same instance, but to the right is Tobin Bell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Verdict

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

13 Assassins is on at 00.55 tonight. One of the films of 2011 - stay away if you dont like a lot of blood. For some reason the subtitles are very hard to follow in the first five minutes but grand after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

13 Assassins is on at 00.55 tonight. One of the films of 2011 - stay away if you dont like a lot of blood. For some reason the subtitles are very hard to follow in the first five minutes but grand after that.

+1 for this!

Brilliant movie! Only watched it for the first time a few weeks ago but had been looking for it for ages! Anyone that likes martial arts films (think "crouching tiger hidden dragon" or "House of the flying daggers" with less flying ha) will enjoy this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

L.A. Confidential on tonight at 12.05am on RTÉ1

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Jaws is on RTE2 tonight at 9pm

I never get tired of it - a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Armageddon is on BBC 1 at 10.25pm tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Skid X wrote: »
    Jaws is on RTE2 tonight at 9pm

I never get tired of it - a classic.

Damn, I missed the boat on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

BBC1 11.50 pm Friday Poltergeist 1982 - see it before the remake sullies your memories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 jacksports

it's very nice noe,I like ver much!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The Runway is on RTE 1 tonight at 9:30.

Great little Irish film about a young boy who befriends a South American pilot who crash lands near his little village and persuades the town to help them build a runway so he can go home.
    It's a wee bit ridiculous at times, but in a good way and there's some really funny bits and it's quite charming too. Worth a watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Submarine is on Film Four at 11.45pm tonight

One in a list of films I've been meaning to watch, I'll tape it and watch it another time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Saturday Night:
    TG4, 11:10PM: Raising Arizona. My favourite of the Coen Brothers' early films.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

What Richard Did is on RTE one Wednesday at 9.30, brilliant film if anyone hasn't seen it (it's also on Netlix). Same guy who did Garage and Adam and Paul, so that'll give you a fair idea if you'll like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

The terrific original version of 'Day of The Jackal' is on RTE1 on Sunday Night (early Monday) at 1.20 am. One of the films I never tire of watching.

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail.asp?id=13295827

Skid X wrote: »
    The terrific original version of 'Day of The Jackal' is on RTE1 on Sunday Night (early Monday) at 1.20 am. One of the films I never tire of watching.

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail.asp?id=13295827

Great film but alas no way to record Saorview

Film4 are screening the entertaining horror road movie "Race with the Devil" 1975 which is worth seeing for its zinger cast - Peter Fonda, Warren Oates, Loretta Swit and Lara Parker who battle a gang of Satanists on the back roads of Texas/Colorado. Director Jack Starrets finest 90 minutes.

Alex Cox talks about the film on youtube

Friday Night 10.45 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Eagle followed by From Dusk 'Til Dawn on Channel 4 from 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 McGeough123

The Shining is on RTE 2 at 9.00 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The Shining is on RTE 2 at 9.00 tonight.

night sorted, lovely!

• Advertisement

If you get Film4, Attack the Block is on at 9PM. I haven't seen it, but I've heard good things about it, and it's on the basis of this film that Joe Cornish is now the front-runner in the race to direct Star Trek III ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If you're at home this morning - or, y'know, have some sort of recording device - Mikio Naruse's When a Woman Ascends the Stairs is on film four at 11 am. Naruse isn't always mentioned in the same breath as your Kurosawas and Ozus, but he's one of the true Japanese master directors, and When a Woman... is one of his finest achievements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Bronson on film4 in 3 mins :)

A brilliant script with a massive performance from the lead actor.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Animal Kingdom is on Film 4 tonight at 11:35.

I think someone (me?) recommends this every time it's on, but it is really very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Animal Kingdom is on Film 4 tonight at 11:35.

I think someone (me?) recommends this every time it's on, but it is really very good.

About to post this,good movie.

Bronson is on after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Chopper is on at 1.30 on Film 4. Quality film.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Chopper is on at 1.30 on Film 4. Quality film.

Thanks. I read his obituary this week in a newspaper. He died last month on the 9th. (Mark Brandon "Chopper" Read)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

The Departed is on Film4 at 9pm.

Black Swan is on Ch4 at 9PM tonight: Natalie Portman in an Oscar-winning performance as a doomed ballerina. There's a long thread on it, here - can't believe it's three years since it came out.

• Advertisement

Its not a work of art, its really just passes the time as a shoot 'em up with added geo-politics but the cast is epic and the action enjoyable. Its also got loads of great quote moments.

The Wild Geese in on Channel 5 at 10 pm. Record it cos the number of ad breaks will do your head in.

Advertisement