Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Film4 - 11.30pm. a classic film

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Film4 - 11.30pm. a classic film

There's a theory that Ferris doesn't exist, that he's Camrens alter ego/the person he wants to be

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

dinneenp wrote: »
    There's a theory that Ferris doesn't exist, that he's Camrens alter ego/the person he wants to be

Interesting any good articles on it to read?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

^ Didn't Ferris have a whole family though? Or was it all Cameron's ideal life?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

^ Didn't Ferris have a whole family though? Or was it all Cameron's ideal life?

Seems a lot of internet people don't like this idea.

Though you don't get to see Cameron's family.

They are both in bed sick at the start one pretending the other a hypochondriac

It is prob the best teen movie around IMO and one of the best comedies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Watched Ferris Bueller last night for the first time in years, kept saying to the missus that he's actually a bit of a manipulative d*ck.

Also, Rooney is only trying to do his job :D

Still a great watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Today at 3 pm on Film 4 The producers (1969). A bona fide classic.

Here's a funny take on it -

SuperBowl 2013 Commercial - Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Matthew's Day Off

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (3/3) Movie CLIP - Oh, You Know Him? (1986) HD

I was watching this part & noticed they muted the noise of Jeanie cracking her knuckles opp Charlie Sheen, when she mentions "If you mention the name Ferris Bueller, you lose a testicle"

Interesting facts on the show & some you may know as the stars were very close.

Where are they now?

Elmo wrote: »
    Interesting any good articles on it to read?
    Many, here's one- link

Shifty on BBC1 at 11:50. (meant to be a lot of talking but very good reviews)
    Shifty, a young crack cocaine dealer in London, sees his life quickly spiral out of control when his best friend returns home. Stalked by a customer desperate to score at all costs, and with his family about to turn their back on him for good, Shifty must out-run and out-smart a rival drug dealer, intent on setting him up for a big fall. As his long time friend Chris, confronts the dark past he left behind him, Shifty is forced to face up to the violent future he's hurtling towards.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

The Big Lebowski is on ITV4 at 11.55 tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Skid X wrote: »
    The Big Lebowski is on ITV4 at 11.55 tonight.
    Damn it. Love that movie. Stuck in 4 station land at the mo.

Still, the brilliant Training Day is on tv3 at midnight...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

13 Asassins on Film4 at 9. Super movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 McGeough123

Hard Target is on ITV4 at 9pm tonight.Classic Van Damme action.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Horror Europa with Mark Gatiss BBC4 23.35 Tonight

BBC4 are showing this Documentary again if anyones interested. I watched it a while back and enjoyed it. A few of the Giallo films it mentions show up on the Horror channel every now and again too.
    Duration: 1 hour, 30 minutes

Actor and writer Mark Gatiss embarks on a chilling voyage through European horror cinema. From the silent nightmares of German Expressionism in the wake of World War I to lesbian vampires in 1970s Belgium, from the black-gloved killers of Italy's bloody Giallo thrillers to the ghosts of the Spanish Civil War, Mark reveals how Europe's turbulent 20th century forged its ground-breaking horror tradition. On a journey that spans the continent from Ostend to Slovakia, Mark explores classic filming locations and talks to the genre's leading talents, including directors Dario Argento and Guillermo del Toro.

Intolerable Cruelty is on on if the ITV channels tonight at 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Up The Bare Stairs

Classic film noir Double Indemnity is on Film4 this afternoon, starting 4.40

• Registered Users Posts: 86,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (David Fincher's remake) is on RTE 1 at 9.30 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

And another classic film noir "Out of the Past" at 1pm today on Movies4Men

( aka Build My Gallows High )

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (David Fincher's remake) is on RTE 1 at 9.30 tonight

that rape scene was very graphic, hope rte put out a warning beforehand

Not a film, as such, but a documentary about films. See You At The Pictures is on RTE 1 at 22:25 tonight. I saw it a while back, it's about the history of the cinema in Ireland and how it used to be a major part of Irish society. It's a really nice watch, lots of people getting nostalgic about their old local cinema and stuff like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If you get More4, they're showing Witness at 10PM. Starring Harrison Ford and Kelly McGillis. It's nominally a crime story, about a cop whi hides out with an Amish family when corrupt cops come after them.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Heat is on film4 tonight at 9.00, im actually ashamed to say ive never seen it yet:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Not a massive an of Fardller but "The Recruit" is about to start on RTE2 at 9 and it's actually a decent show!

That and Tigerland are about the only things he was in i enjoyed

OR

Oceans 13 over on TV3 also at 9

OR

The Bourne Supremacy on ITV2 again at 9

OR

Buried (which considering it is just Ryan Reynolds in a box for about an hour and a half is actually really worth a butchers if you haven't seen it) on ITV at 11 bells!

The skin I live in on BBC4 at 9pm tonight. Antonio banner as, meant to be very good

Willie Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (1971) now on Ch5 or 5.50 Ch5+1

Home Alone (1990) - Film4 - 5.10pm - Film4 usually put it on again this time of year, don't know why?

The Man (2005) - Film4 - 7.15pm (Samuel L Jackson)

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011) - Film4 - 9pm

I am love, RTE2, 10.30
    Tilda Swinton, drama with subtitles

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

The Running Man, E4 10pm

"Hey Killian, Sub-Zero...now...plain zero"

There's Something About Mary - Ch4 - 11.35pm

• Registered Users Posts: 86,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Away from Her - 12.25am BBC 1

• Advertisement