Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live?

Options
  • 18-04-2006 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I'm starting a job in dublin in june and i am wondering where is a good place to stay. The job is in Park west business park. I was hoping to stay in a place that isn'r too fair from city but at the same time will not be a big hassle to get to work every morning. Any idea's/ recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

Anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

how are you planning on traveling?

It will be public transport for a while anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Walkinstown, Crumlin, Kilmainham, Inchicore are all close to Park West and could be Cycled in 20-25 minutes, don't know the Area good enough to comment on buses but the Luas runs down Kilmainham and Inchicore to Longmile road and you could walk from there to Park West. If you wanted to be in town you could try around Smithfield as there is a luas stop there.
    But i'm not sure how much of a walk it is from Long Mile Rd to Park West, Whats exceptable for me may be long for you. You could buy a banger of a bike and lock it near the luas stop and cycle from the Luas to Park West.

Also try looking at Dublinbus.ie, The 79A goes to park west so look for a place along it's route. See what other buses go close.

If it was me buy a bike, much more reliable you have a more flexible search area and you can also get fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 maurice06

Definitely Kilmainham...

• Advertisement

Wat are the prices like for accommodation for places near the red luas line?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Clondalkin is right beside Parkwest too & there are 2 or 3 apartment complexes right on the road to Parkwest. Have a look on Daft.ie to get an idea of prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Its all good in the hood.

Advertisement