Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Breeze and Dublin 9

• 18-04-2006 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I ordered IBB in my d9 area, anybody have some experience with that? I know that wireless internet isnt so good like broadband but its possible to get this 250kb/s on 2mb in and out? thanks for any help, bye

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

i'm on the ballymun mast and service is never really bad, usually very good. wokrs great for the new xbox live!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭FunkyDa

I'm using a Ripwave modem with a pizza box reflector. I was on Ballymun(150), but I've swung it around almost 180degs to 140(East Point?). I'm getting better performance(still not brilliant!). BTW, I'm also in D9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Can you give more details on the Pizza box reflector? Is it just covered in aluminium/tin foil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭FunkyDa

Get pizza box(preferably clean!), or similar. Open to 90degs, and secure(sticky tape). Cover inside faces with cooking foil. Aim foil covered faces towards transmitter mast. Place modem, with upright aerial, facing into enclosed angle(well in). Check signal quality. If possible, try alternative masts(switch modem off, and then on again, for different log on). You might get better performance from a more distant mast(for reasons, I won't pretend to understand!).
    Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bch

they installed me that breeze 2mb, working v good, in bitcomet have 230dl and 220upl max, pings in europe 20-40, im shocked couse i heard its sux for gamming but here its ok, pings good and 0% pl, cheers :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement