Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Performing Arts Course in Limerick

Options
  • 18-04-2006 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

The Irish Academy of Performing Arts in Mungret College, Limerick are now taking applications for the 1 year Foundation Course in Performing Arts 2006/7 (FETAC accredited). Telephone 061-424770 for a prospectus etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

A one year course eh? Can this be done by night, and what fees do ya have to pay to do the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

It's a full time course from October to June, weekdays 9.30 - 4.30. The cost is 3,800.
    Check out www.europeanacademy.ie/foundation.htm
    The website will be updated soon (presently showing last years closing date) but it gives you an idea of what to expect. This year's auditions will take place at the end of June.

Pikasso wrote:
    It's a full time course from October to June, weekdays 9.30 - 4.30. The cost is 3,800.
    Check out www.europeanacademy.ie/foundation.htm
    The website will be updated soon (presently showing last years closing date) but it gives you an idea of what to expect. This year's auditions will take place at the end of June.
    Forget it... am already a full time student. Besides, who in there right mind would fork out that kinda money for a one year course! Craziness!!

memphis wrote:
    Forget it... am already a full time student. Besides, who in there right mind would fork out that kinda money for a one year course! Craziness!!
    Not at all. Compares equally with other full time year long courses. Look at what businesses fork out for Health & Safety for each worker on day courses alone! Students doing this course get 8 FETAC level 5 modules including Health & Safety, Communications Skills etc as well as Dance ,Theatre, Drama, Music and singing. Note: this course is for people serious about entering the profession, not part-timers, wannabes and X-Factors.
    Those already in full time education have clearly set their sights on other careers.

Pikasso wrote:
    Those already in full time education have clearly set their sights on other careers.

Fair point. I have set my sight on my career at this stage ok.

Acting to me is merely a past-time, something I do as a hobbie, but enjoy so much I would consider getting into on a part-time (payment) type of way.

Thanks nonetheless for the details on the course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CentreStage

If you are interested in a part-time evening course in Acting, I run a very successful Adult Acting School in Limerick. see www.centrestageireland.com
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Pikasso wrote:

Actually, I have to disagree with that. I'm full time education but it's not in the career I want, I actually want a career in the performing arts. The course i'm in right now is merely a back up plan in case i need to fall back on another qualification if my performing arts career doesn't work out. This isn't the right board to discuss this issue, but just thought you might want to word things abit more carefully the next time.

Aside from that, the course looks great - a nice set of modules and also the studios look lovely. Are there any opportunities for further education? and finally, are your classes term only or do you have any open classes? I'd love checking out new classes around Ireland - it's so bloody hard to find them I'll travel anywhere!

Now available: At the Irish Academy of Performing Arts, Limerick.From September, 2 year part time Performing Arts Course (evenings) same as above except over two years. Phone 061-424770 for details :D:D:D:D;)

Advertisement