Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ping-pong ball

Options
  • 18-04-2006 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

In a room there is a hole in the ground 30cm deep and diameter 4cm. There is a ping-pong ball in it. You have a piece of 50cm string and a watch(with useable pins, straps etc). How do you get the ping-pong ball?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Piss in the hole

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

if i remember anything i learned in the eighties correctly its that a watch with removable pins and some string are the exact components necessary to build a small explosive device which should blow the hole wide enough for you to simply pick the ball out :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Hyzepher wrote:
    Piss in the hole

I second that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Jim10000

OTliddy, do you pish in the hole or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Volume of the hole in the ground is about 377cm^3 (I assumed it was supposed to be a cylinder), and seemingly the volume of the average human urination is about 475cm^3. So it's possible!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

Yep, the answer is piss in the hole! Didn't think it would be answered correctly so quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

whats the string and watch for then :confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

BFassassin wrote:
    whats the string and watch for then :confused:
    To throw you off. They're red herrings.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

A ping-pong ball is 4cm, so how would it float to the surface?:D

And the average piss is nearly half a litre? I didn't know that...

Advertisement