Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much is this car worth ?

Options
  • 18-04-2006 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'll check the CSG tomorrow and let you know.

Be careful - Renaults can be notoriously unreliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

Sizzler wrote:
    15k ! They are 35K new ! How does one work out depreciation ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 STUART2006

fdsfdjjhjghd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 STUART2006

i'd say bout 15k

• Advertisement

STUART2006 wrote:
    if i was to buy a car 1998 and modifi it how much sould it cost me?
    Lots more info needed - I think maybe you should start a new thread:D

Zakrze wrote:
    15k ! They are 35K new ! How does one work out depreciation ?

Well for starters driving it ouf of the garage at 35k and driving it back 10 mins later after a spin round the block...the garage would be lucky to give you 29K to take it back, so dont be so surprised its lost 20k in 2 years.

Renaults are notorious for depreciation as they are not a wanted model in general (sorry to burst your bubble).And they are also known for mechanical issues.

Be prepared to write off the value of a renault within 8 years.

Sizzler wrote:
    Well for starters driving it ouf of the garage at 35k and driving it back 10 mins later after a spin round the block...the garage would be lucky to give you 29K to take it back, so dont be so surprised its lost 20k in 2 years.

Renaults are notorious for depreciation as they are not a wanted model in general (sorry to burst your bubble).And they are also known for mechanical issues.

Be prepared to write off the value of a renault within 8 years.
    Scenics are quite desirable and have a better reputation than most Renaults. I think your a bit hard on the write down - a lot depends on the mileage of the vehicle. But your quite right, mechanical and electronic issues have dogged the Renault range for the last few years. I wouldn't be inclined to buy one.

What would you buy instead ? She is looking for a soccer mums car with a bit of style. She drove a zafira and said there was no comparison between the two. Her job will be paying decent mileage and she lives in the country. She hasnt driven a diesel before but felt that it would be more economical than the 1.6 petrol.

Honda HRV :) Or a RAV 4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

i would advise not paying more than €20000

Pug 307 Skywagon, VW Touran - I've heard good reports about both.

She tried the HR-V and did not like and not very much room inside.

Zakrze wrote:
    She tried the HR-V and did not like and not very much room inside.
    CRV would be better but Honda's hold their value like a dog holds a bone!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think €15k for a 2004 diesel Grand Scenic is too low, I would expect to pay between €20k and €23k for one because they are quite popular with families and it is diesel. As they are based on the Megane be aware of any similar problems.

As an alternative look at the Toyota Corolla Verso 2.0 D4-D, it's a seven seater like the Grand Scenic but you will pay big bucks even for a 2004 model as their resale value is very good and demand is strong.

You might be able to pick up a similar year Hyundai Trajet turbo diesel for around the same money. They are larger and more van like than the above mpvs, just make sure they have air con as due to the large amount of glass they can get quite hot on the inside.

bazz26 wrote:

As an alternative look at the Toyota Corolla Verso 2.0 D4-D, it's a seven seater like the Grand Scenic but you will pay big bucks even for a 2004 model as their resale value is very good and demand is strong.
    You'll have to act quickly if you see one of these that you like - these things move(off the forecourt) like sh1t off a shiney shovel!!! Great cars. So reliable its uncanny:D

Advertisement