Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunchtime Variety

• 18-04-2006 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Ok,
    I'm trying to get into the habit of bringing my own lunch to work everyday cause I'm sick of getting sandwiches and rolls all the time. I'm looking for some advice on things I could make at home and bring in with me. I made a lasagne the last day so that'll keep me going for a while but after that I'm out of ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

To add some variety, think of doing things like pasta salads, potato salad, cous cous, different kinds of rolls, cheese with crispbreads, ploughmans lunch, pitta breads filled with different fillings, bagels. Google for terms like lunchbox alternatives and you'll bring up a lot of sites with good ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

can you let me know what facilties you have at work, e.e microwave etc. tonnes of ideas 4 u.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

This thread may give you some ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭sachamama

take a can of black eyed beans and a jar of lloyd grossman puttenesca sauce and throw em together.
    bring in half of it to work and you can heat a tortilla wrap and its lovely.
    Mmmmmm ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Thanks for the ideas guys. Now I just have to get off my lazy ass and go shopping:D

@themadchef
    We've a microwave and sink in work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I was thinking the same myself, as I'm also getting fed up with sandwiches.

I might try taking a few salads, handy and ready to go.

Advertisement