Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall tiling query...

Options
  • 18-04-2006 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

About to embark upon a spot of wall tiling. Someone told me that one of the most important things is to ensure that the wall corners are straight - or else the tiles will look shíte - which makes perfect sense to me.

None of the walls in the house are 100% - so i'm wondering what do i do to put this right before tiling?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

Our walls weren't (aren't) too straight. Not quite right angle between floor and wall. We just slightly edged out the tiles a little, to make it less noticeable and then filled in the extra to the beading with white grout. Not perfect, but doesn't look too bad. About a cm difference between top and bottom. Don't know of anything we could have done to straigten it though. Be interested if suggests a way, then I'll go... doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

The walls don't have to be straight. Just set out the tiles so that you end up with a cut tile (decent size) at each side. You then just cut the tile to suit the gap. QED.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Thanks for that lads. Will give it a go.

Advertisement