Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Dublin

Options
  • 18-04-2006 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Got the little girlfriends birthday coming up soon and want to take the day off and do something interesting/exciting in Dublin city or even in the surrounding hinterland for the day that doesn't involve a pub.

any suggestions from anyone who has done something similar recently and had fun.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I suggest walks by the sea. Bring food

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Get the DART out to Howth for the day... wander around the coast, enjoy the harbour, go for a little walk, have a picnic, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

botanic gardens if its anyway decent day out. beautiful part of dublin.

howth walking too, and yeah bring sandwich's.

powerscourt waterfall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭TapouT

europerson wrote:
    Get the DART out to Howth for the day... wander around the coast, enjoy the harbour, go for a little walk, have a picnic, etc.

You can't beat a walk around Howth. And I know you said your avoiding pubs but drop into the Bloody Stream, its right under the dart station and well worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

The Zoo - can't go wrong with the Zoo, women love it, with all the cute ikle monkeys! :):o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

if you drive up toward the polo ground the perimeter fence, which houses the tigers is only about five foot away from the overall perimeter fence. sometimes they come right up to their fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

If you are looking for something to do that isn't revolved around drinking as much of Dublin seems to be, why not wrestling?

Yes, I said wrestling.

Irish Whip Wrestling have a show on in Swords, Dublin on Saturday night - Check out my sig for more details.

Most of my friends who have come to shows have absolutely loved them, you don't have to be a wrestling fan or anything of the sort to enjoy it.

Just for the record, it's not a bunch of over the hill fake Americans hamming it up, it's a mostly Irish roster with some French and Scottish talent thrown in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

^^^ Such scangerdom.

^^^ Such a closed minded view.

Did you know that 3 of the IwW guys have received WWE try outs around this time last year?

It's a quality night of entertainment and I think it would be unfair to dismiss it offhand without actually trying it out.

As for the OP, he asked for something interesting to do with his gf that doesn't involve the pub, I duly offered a suggestion. You, on the other hand just spammed the thread. Such scangerdom indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

If you are looking for something to do that isn't revolved around drinking as much of Dublin seems to be, why not wrestling?
    Aww man, that's hilarious. Bringing your girlfriend to a wrestling match for her birthday!! Brilliant!!

Sure they could even finish off the date by going rabbit shooting.

• Advertisement

I think you might be surprised mate, there are some people who enjoying doing something a little bit different. Plenty of Dubliners are sick of the pub scene and its hard to rely on the weather in this country to plan a picnic/walk in the country etc.

I'm not saying that it's super romantic (as that's not what the OP asked for) seeing guys roll around in a wrestling ring but it sure is entertaining!

As for the rabbit shooting, she could well be that kind of girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

there are some people who enjoying doing something a little bit different
    Agreed
    Plenty of Dubliners are sick of the pub scene
    Agreed
    and its hard to rely on the weather in this country to plan a picnic/walk in the country etc.
    and Agreed.

But Wrestling for a girlfriend's birthday? LOL. That's a mad suggestion. But then again, it's so mad that it might work, although I somehow doubt it!

I knew there was a reason she dumped me.:o

I should have gone for the romantic meal on Valentine's day instead of the wrestling show. Oh well, at least the many users of boards get to learn from my mistake.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

go to bray , play some arcades walk to the top of the hill and nail someone from bray to the cross. rob snooker balls from the snopker room and throw them into the sea, get mugged , and beaten by 15 tweleve years olds on the train . memorable..

Advertisement