Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Indicators flashing really fast

Options
  • 18-04-2006 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi Guys
    Maybe one of you can help me with this .When I took the car out on Saturday morning I noticed that the indicators were flashing really fast .At first I presumed that there was a bulb blown and I preceded to nearest Motor factors for a replacement bulb but before I got there everything went back to normal . I stopped the car and checked all the indicators and they all seemed to be working fine so I thought no more of it .Again tonight the same thing happened but went back to normal after around 5 minutes .Does anyone know what can cause this and how much it is most likely to cost .The car is an 1999 Almera Saloon .

Thanks Johnnyraz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You may have a loose or dirty connection. Clean all the bulb contacts and make sure all the connections are pushed home. Do you remember which turn signal was at fault - left or right - it will help narrow your search!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Possibly one of the bulbs is not quite making a clean and reliable connection to the electrics.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭le-dub

Thats easy and a common problem...You need a new light bulb...easy as that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its not the bulb! If it was the bulb the voltage issue would'nt have righted itself in the first place.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

It may be a bulb on its way out. The filiment could broken but still making a connection. Replace both bulbs, and check the connectors on the bulbs while youre at it.
    You dont have a towbar by any chance??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Johnnyraz

Thanks for all the replys .
    It is flashing fast while indicating left so it is obviously one of them.
    And to answer The Doktor's queston I do have a towbar .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Johnnyraz wrote:
    Thanks for all the replys .
    It is flashing fast while indicating left so it is obviously one of them.
    And to answer The Doktor's queston I do have a towbar .
    Does it have a socket for rear lights? Is it factory fit towbar or aftermarket?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

how did i know u had a towbar?:D
    cos I bet its been installed with scotch connectors, and the wires are damaged.
    But try the other stuff first :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭bedrock1001

I had the exact same prob. it came and went over a week

changed the bulb - issue solved :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

I had the exact same prob. it came and went over a week

changed the bulb - issue solved :D

Yeah so did I,the glass part of the bulb was loose:confused: ,so it only happened the odd time till it got worse,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Have a look at the socket where the bulb connects. Theres probably a little bit of corrosion on the metal part causing a bad connection now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Talk about making a easy issue into a difficult one.

Is any of the bulbs gone, most likely it is a blown bulb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭smiling_time

talk to your bulb, they could be on drugs, sounds like ecstasy. hyperactivity :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I had a similar problem before, turned out to be the flasher relay.

Advertisement