Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

2gb memory stick-HELP

• 19-04-2006 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭

Hi i got a brand new sony memory stick pro duo. every time i try to put it into my memory card slot in laptop it comes uo would you like to reformat. and it wonot let me put anything on the card yet until i do it.

also when i press yes to reformatting it a little box comes up saying capacity 232 mb whereas its actually a 2gb:eek:

so has this happened to anyone else before?
    if yes then after you reformat it will it work or not work?
    any links to any other sites that can help

People that can genuinely help post.otherwise please stay off the thread as i wish to get this sorted out ASAP.
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Just another update,card works via datacable and disc3phone software but doesnot work via mmc card reader in laptop.

why is this?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

drdre wrote:
    Just another update,card works via datacable and disc3phone software but doesnot work via mmc card reader in laptop.

why is this?

A MMC reader wont read MS cards...

parsi wrote:
    A MMC reader wont read MS cards...

it will read my 64mb but not 2gb:mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Could it be one of the dodgy ebay ones ?

nah its not the ebay one.i think its my memory card reader as i tried a 1gb memory card and it wonot accept it whereas it will accept a 64mb memory card same as the memory stick it will accept the 64mb but not 2gb.

i think its just the stupid laptop.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

can you not just connect it via the usb cable with the phone thats wat i do with my k750i:confused:

BFassassin wrote:
    can you not just connect it via the usb cable with the phone thats wat i do with my k750i:confused:

yeah thats what i do and its easier.but i tried it by jut putting the memory stick into the reader and it didnot work so i was just curious.

parsi wrote:
    Could it be one of the dodgy ebay ones ?

its actual 2gb space on it at the moment but the bloosy computer read it to be 232 mb so im a little bit more happy now.;)

Advertisement