Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zyxel Prestige 660RU and Linksys Wireless Router Question

• 19-04-2006 9:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

My Prestige is the old modem/router that came with BT. It has an ethernet and USB port on it so it acts as a router.
    This has been and continues to work perfectly when connected through ethernet to my pc.

The problem is now that I have a Linksys wireless router it wont connect to the internet anymore. The linksys asks me for my BB username and password which I give and the type is PPoE just like the modem. I dont understand why it is asking me for these details as my modem connects to the internet.

To configure my old modem I type 192.168.1.1, now Linksys is using that IP. I changed Linksys to use 192.168.1.254 but it still wont go on the internet. All the correct lights are lit and all wires are where they should be.

As you have probably guessed I havent got much of an idea about what I'm doing here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

You may have to set the Zyxel to bridge mode and let the Linksys do the PPoE authention.

What are the exect model numbers of the two in question and I'll find out what I can?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

What he said ^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Rodge

The Zyxel is the Prestige 660RU and the Linksys is the WRT54GC. Thanks for your help, I'll try that when I go home.

you prob need to put Prestige into bridge mode and let the Linksys handle the POPe settings.

• Advertisement

Emmm, is there a double echo in here??? ;)

agh! forgot you said that. Got distracted by reading through the manual. They don't make it easy to set it into bridge mode!!! Ugly looking yoke too. :p

My sentinments exactly, bloody awkward yoke to configure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Rodge

that worked a treat lads, thanks a lot.

It was easy to put the Prestige in Bridge mode, just went into config and there it was.

didn't look like it from the manual! But hey always good to find out it's easier to do then to say/read. :) Glad you got it working...

• Advertisement

Another satisfied customer Batboy!

Glad it was so easy (echo mode) it didn't seem that way from the manual... :rolleyes:

Advertisement